Admin: Re: [nvda] How much does the eloquence and vocalized voice pack cost

Gene

From the moderator:

I don't know why he is doing it and we have no basis to assume anything.  I doubt it is intentional rudeness.  I would say that people should simply not comment on any post by Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo unless he asks a new and useful question.  Repetitive questions, the same question four times in a month or even twice in a month or six months, should simply be ignored.

It is not useful to have a debate on list about Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo or his posts.  If such unproductive debates continue, I shall lock all threads where such debates begin.

If Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo is too outrageous, I shall moderate him.  Moderation means that I shall see every post from him and have to approve each post before it reaches the list.  If I do that, I shall simply not approve repetitive questions nor questions that in any way, promote sites where illegal activity occurs.  .

I'm explaining all this because Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo sent a post yesterday in which he seemed to indicate that he didn't know what being moderated means and because there may be other list members who don't know.

I am not the list owner and if he wishes to deal with this matter differently, that is what he will do as list owner.  I've stated what I will do unless the owner wishes something different to be done.

Also, on further consideration, I've changed my mind about how long moderation will last.  It will last at least two months and whether it is lifted will depend on the kinds of posts Mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo  sends for approval.

Gene

Nimer Jaber

I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
From the moderator:

[...]

Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100% personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo

when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support in this
matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages from this
individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

[...]

Laz

As I stated in an email a few weeks ago when this person started
posting on the list, he will continue posting nonsensical messages,
off topic messages, and violate list rules until he is removed. He
apparently doesn't pay much attentionn to messages in reply to his
questions and will continue repeating things over and over until
stopped. Moderation is the least of possible solutions to this
situation.

Good luck Nimer and Gene!

Laz

On 9/19/17, mr. Chikodinaka Nickarandidum Oguledo
<ochikodinaka@gmail.com> wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support in
this
matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages from this
individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

[...]

As the owner of the NVDA add-ons list, I'm considering enacting address ban if I hear reports of the moderated person jumping over to the add-ons list to vent frustrations.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its
contents by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in
civil or criminal charges. I have checked this email and all
corresponding attachments for security threats. However, security of
your machine is up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at
(218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.
Thank you, and have a great day!

Sarah k Alawami

I personally sinsider that to be a good move, in fact I might do the same on my groups.io run list(s). Thanks for the idea..

Take care and have a blessed Tuesday.

Hi,

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@...> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

From the moderator:

[...]

is there a new e speak. NVDA comesNVDA comes with e speak it shud come
with even human big free loud voice like kate and pall and patricia
and Patrick &other voices o well I am stuck with old e speak

I personally sinsider that to be a good move, in fact I might do the same on
my groups.io <http://groups.io/> run list(s). Thanks for the idea..

Take care and have a blessed Tuesday.

Hi,

wrote:
when is the next update for NVDA

On 9/19/17, Nimer Jaber <nimerjaber1@gmail.com> wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support
in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages
from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

From the moderator:

[...]

The Gamages

Hello,

Forgive me if I have misunderstood, but surely there cannot be a genuine
NVDA add on for the voices which I wil not mention as they are a banned
topic? Code factory Vocaliser may be legal, but not the other, I had to
pay for my Vocaliser voices and they cost me about "£70 years ago, these
are now available as a stand alone item and not tied to NVDA.
For those who just cannot afford extra voices, the Microsoft ones are
quite good and are, of course, free with the Microsoft system.

As to the illegal subject, why anyone would want these outdated voices
beats me.
Take care.

Best Regards, Jim.

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I have a friend who just loves Mr Eloquence with all his lisping and apparent alein ness. I think it has to do with understandability at huge speeds to some people and the fact they are very responsive, but really the cost when you realise what else you get as well is not huge is it?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

I use m h mike or mechell or Microsoft.com speech platform

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Lino Morales

I'm just now reading this. I feel 2 months ia s bith harsh. One max. I've been on this list since 2011 on the old Freelists page. #justsayin I agree with the rest of your post though Gene. ANd why do you Nimer only come up to bat every 10 years on this list? It would be good for all of to hear from you more than that. I've over exagrating, butthat's how I feel. I'm done. Now back to NVDA.

On 9/19/2017 2:20 PM, Nimer Jaber wrote:
I will just reiterate that Gene has my full and unqualified support in this matter and I will be keeping an eye for any future messages from this individual.

Thanks.

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
From the moderator:

[...]

Steve Nutt

Hi Jim,

Yes there is a legal add on from Code Factory that comes with both Eloquence and Vocalizer. Disclaimer: We do sell it. Please feel free to contact me privately if interested.

We also have SAPI 5 voices for both, again, both perfectly legal.

Thanks.

All the best

Steve

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Amber Gilmore <amberandbirds2@...>

This is to Steve how much are you asking for your nvda and elouenqecincd elinquence i am in oklahoma he please get back to me, amber

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 25, 2017, at 4:33 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Hi Amber,

Here you go:-

http://www.comproom.co.uk/product/eloquence-and-vocalizer-expressive-add-on-for-nvda/

By the way, for every copy sold, 10 Euros which is about 8 UK pounds, or about 15 US dollars, gets donated to NVAccess. Which is why I'm proud to sell it.

All the best

Steve

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

It gives diffferent prides can you tell me whitch on is my prise, amber and i did a trial on another site with the same voices frommmm code factory will the link you sent me let me do it again cause when i started the trial befor my computer crashed and it was down so i missed it. Thanks, amber

Gene

Please don’t bottom post.  Post at the top of the messages.  If you bottom post, people won’t see your reply.  They won’t wade through five or more messages to finally find yours and many people think you mistakenly sent a blank message.

If you need help in how to top post, ask here.

Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:47 AM

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 27, 2017, at 11:19 AM, Steve Nutt <steve@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Amber,
>
> Here you go:-
>
> http://www.comproom.co.uk/product/eloquence-and-vocalizer-expressive-add-on-for-nvda/
>
> By the way, for every copy sold, 10 Euros which is about 8 UK pounds, or about 15 US dollars, gets donated to NVAccess.  Which is why I'm proud to sell it.
>
> All the best
>
> Steve

I think the problem is, in them older days most lists and Usenet groups wanted you to bottom post, but that was when people sat down and edited the quilted threads. There was an RFC about it, but nowadays, things have gone the other way since most people are low on time.

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Peter Beasley

As far as I am concerned, people should always top post. There is someone on this list who I won't name who always bottom posts so I never bother reading their e-mails.

[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Oh and we should really alter this subject line if this is an ongoing thread.
Bit off topic for nvda, and to be honest Its now routed to my junk folder. grin.
[...]

From the moderator:

[...]

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

Nah, I think it's more related to vi vs. sighted.  On all vi lists, top posting is the thing, on most sighted lists, bottom posting is it.  I've seen folks yelled at multiple times for not bottom posting on several sighted lists.  But on at least one list I'm on, (thankfully, one I don't post on very often), folks get all bent out of shape if you top post.  It's bottom post, or not at all in their opinion.  A complete waste of time in my opinion, but nobody asked me.

<shrug>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>