does NVDA have any command to suggest us correct spelling if we typed some wrong spelling in word or while writing a mail?

Shweta Mishra

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

Quentin Christensen

Hi!

NVDA doesn't implement the spelling functionality itself, so it will be up to how the program handles it.  I just noticed Firefox has an option to check spelling when I looked in my options, but it isn't announcing errors for me, so I can't check, but maybe try pressing the applications or context menu key when you are on a spelling error?  That works in Word at least.

Regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Shweta Mishra <shweta.mishra668@...> wrote:
hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

hello.
if you use nvda 2017.3 and later,
• In Browse mode for Microsoft Word, it is now possible to navigate to
spelling errors using quick navigation (w and shift+w).

hope that help, God bless you all.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Shweta Mishra <shweta.mishra668@gmail.com>
wrote:

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Shweta Mishra

thanks friends! I'll try the suggested methods.

wrote:

hi friends!
hope all are fine.
friends, when I type some wrong spelling in word or writing a mail in
firefox, the NVDA announces, "spelling error" so I want to know, can
it suggest me correct spelling? if yes, then what is a command?
thanks in advance!

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

--
efforts may fail but don't fail to make efforts.

Tony Ballou

Hi,

Absolutely, just place the focus on the misspelled word and press the
applications key or shift-f10.  NVDA will say context menu and a list of
choices for the word that you want will come up. Arrow to the word that
you want and press enter.  You can also add words to the dictionary,
have it ignore words, and a few other cool things too.  Hope this helps.

tony