From: Marco Oros
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 1:47 PM
Subject: [nvda] Some accessible free radio streamer

Hi!

I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for
NVDA users.

Please, could You help me?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Roger Stewart

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp. You run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
Hi!

I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for NVDA users.

Please, could You help me?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

brian <sackriderbrian45@...>

I have tapin radio and Ihad it for years.  Almost everything use to play but for several months it was not getting updated and lots of stations will not play.   they don't want to fix it.  now it's a paidversion I don't know how much it is they do offer a 14 day trial period.  I have email exchanges with Phillop and he is a real big jerk.  I told him that I will not pay for it unless you fix the stations that won't play and keep it updated.  He told me that the person who maintained and updated tapin radio is no longer there.  Lots of the public safety stations won't play and in the free version I get the message that there are no stations found here and he does not know why.  In the version they are all there but lots of them won't play.  He does is not even trying to fix the problem and thats not good technical support.  There is a bug in the new version but he does not think that there is.  I will just keep on using the version that I have and if it gets worse then there is nothing I can do about it.  It use to be a great program but no more.

Brian Sackrider

On 9/20/2017 2:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
Hi!

I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for NVDA users.

Please, could You help me?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Георги Ламбов <obichamlegiona@...>

Hi Brian!

I use the free version of tapin radio. The other don't let me to hear anything. But I'd like to record radioStation like it's possible with radioSure but with tapin radio I don't know how to do it.

Georgi
На 20.9.2017 г. в 22:28 ч., brian написа:

[...]

Gene

Do you have it set up to be accessible?  Open the menus and look through them.  Also, use the command f1 to open a list of commands. Close the list with escape.

Specifically, to record, use the command f3 wile Tapin is playing to turn recording on and off.  You should look through the menus and preferences, which you can open from a menu.  You can make adjustments such as whether recording is done as one continuous file or whether a new file is begun every time the program sees that a new work is playing.  on music stations or other stations that indicate such things so that Tapin shows them in the title bar, by default, a new file will be started every time the information in the title bar changes.

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Some accessible free radio streamer

   Hi Brian!

I use the free version of tapin radio. The other don't let me to hear
anything. But I'd like to record radioStation like it's possible with
radioSure but with tapin radio I don't know how to do it.

Georgi
На 20.9.2017 г. в 22:28 ч., brian написа:
>         I have tapin radio and Ihad it for years.  Almost everything
> use to play but for several months it was not getting updated and lots
> of stations will not play.   they don't want to fix it.  now it's a
> paidversion I don't know how much it is they do offer a 14 day trial
> period.  I have email exchanges with Phillop and he is a real big
> jerk.  I told him that I will not pay for it unless you fix the
> stations that won't play and keep it updated.  He told me that the
> person who maintained and updated tapin radio is no longer there.
> Lots of the public safety stations won't play and in the free version
> I get the message that there are no stations found here and he does
> not know why.  In the version they are all there but lots of them
> won't play.  He does is not even trying to fix the problem and thats
> not good technical support.  There is a bug in the new version but he
> does not think that there is.  I will just keep on using the version
> that I have and if it gets worse then there is nothing I can do about
> it.  It use to be a great program but no more.
>
> Brian Sackrider
>

> On 9/20/2017 2:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
>> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible
>> for NVDA users.
>>
>> Please, could You help me?
>>
>> Thank You.
>>
>> Marco Oros

Awe! Now'w'w! Tapin is going on the waistside? You didn't just tell me that! I used to absolutely love! that app! It it wasn't for me getting a Sonos system in my home, I would probably still be using it.

Well? Shucks! That stinks!
---
Christopher Gilland

There is a program called Tapin Radio but I don't know how useful it is any longer.  I can still get the stations I want to get in The United States using it, but I saw a message on a list saying that a lot of stations can't be used by the program any more because of some sort of license restrictions the stations have.  However, if you want to try it, I or others can provide more information about it.  That is the only such program I use and you can see what you can pick up.

I understand that you want to record but you might get a better selection of stations using the Bill Sparks site.  Also, if you know how, you can add Bill Sparks links to Tapin Radio.

I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for
NVDA users.

Please, could You help me?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/
Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp. You
run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop
recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and
quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
Hi!

I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for NVDA users.

Please, could You help me?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Casey

Gene

As far as I know, Winamp won't play Flash content and I have no idea if the stream ripper would have access to the content to record.  I doubt very much that it will play HTML5 content either.  If you are going to use Winamp for this purpose, you will probably have to use an aggregator site that gives access to the underlying stream which the radio station web site converts to flash.  Flash isn't the actual format and I doubt HTML 5 is either.  There is, in the case of Flash, an underlying stream, usually mp3 but not always.  If you can find that underlying stream, you can play it in Winamp and then record it.  The Bill Sparks site gives access to a lot of such streams and you can look for the stations you want to record there.  Other members may have other suggestions.  But you can't just go to a station and have Winamp play the stream.

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/
Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp.  You
run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop
recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and
quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for
> NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Casey

lauracornwell

Hey there, to all does someone no of a free voice recorder that works well with NVDA?
I use Windows10

[...]

How do you want to use it?  What format do you want the files to be in and do you want to edit them?  Other list members may know of voice recorders only.  If your intention is to create only MP3 files, then you might want to use MP3 Direct Cut.  It's not just a voice recorder but it is a simple program, as recording programs go, records in the MP3 format only, and allows for editing.

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:19 PM

Hey there, to all does someone no of a free voice recorder that  works well with NVDA?
I use Windows10
As far as I know, Winamp won't play Flash content and I have no idea if the stream ripper would have access to the content to record.  I doubt very much that it will play HTML5 content either.  If you are going to use Winamp for this purpose, you will probably have to use an aggregator site that gives access to the underlying stream which the radio station web site converts to flash.  Flash isn't the actual format and I doubt HTML 5 is either.  There is, in the case of Flash, an underlying stream, usually mp3 but not always.  If you can find that underlying stream, you can play it in Winamp and then record it.  The Bill Sparks site gives access to a lot of such streams and you can look for the stations you want to record there.  Other members may have other suggestions.  But you can't just go to a station and have Winamp play the stream.

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/ Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp.  You run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible
> for NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Casey

lauracornwell

Well I am needing to recourd some info for a class .

[...]

Do you mean record yourself speaking?  And what format should it be in?

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 6:57 PM

Well I am needing to recourd some info for a class .

How do you want to use it?  What format do you want the files to be in and do you want to edit them?  Other list members may know of voice recorders only.  If your intention is to create only MP3 files, then you might want to use MP3 Direct Cut.  It's not just a voice recorder but it is a simple program, as recording programs go, records in the MP3 format only, and allows for editing.

Hey there, to all does someone no of a free voice recorder that  works well with NVDA?
I use Windows10
As far as I know, Winamp won't play Flash content and I have no idea if the stream ripper would have access to the content to record.  I doubt very much that it will play HTML5 content either.  If you are going to use Winamp for this purpose, you will probably have to use an aggregator site that gives access to the underlying stream which the radio station web site converts to flash.  Flash isn't the actual format and I doubt HTML 5 is either.  There is, in the case of Flash, an underlying stream, usually mp3 but not always.  If you can find that underlying stream, you can play it in Winamp and then record it.  The Bill Sparks site gives access to a lot of such streams and you can look for the stations you want to record there.  Other members may have other suggestions.  But you can't just go to a station and have Winamp play the stream.

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/ Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp.  You run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible
> for NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Casey

Arlene

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Gene,

Winamp version 5 and have support for SWF and Flash.  I am not sure if this is with plug-ins or not, but I am playing them in that version.

On 9/20/2017 7:12 PM, Gene wrote:
As far as I know, Winamp won't play Flash content and I have no idea if the stream ripper would have access to the content to record.  I doubt very much that it will play HTML5 content either.  If you are going to use Winamp for this purpose, you will probably have to use an aggregator site that gives access to the underlying stream which the radio station web site converts to flash.  Flash isn't the actual format and I doubt HTML 5 is either.  There is, in the case of Flash, an underlying stream, usually mp3 but not always.  If you can find that underlying stream, you can play it in Winamp and then record it.  The Bill Sparks site gives access to a lot of such streams and you can look for the stations you want to record there.  Other members may have other suggestions.  But you can't just go to a station and have Winamp play the stream.

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/
Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp.  You
run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop
recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and
quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for
> NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Casey

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

your answer raises, for me, the following questions.
I wonder if the plugin would record the Flash content.  Do you just go to the address for the listen live link of the web site using Winamp or can you make Winamp the default Flash player?  Does it use the flash plugin on your machine or does it have it's own built-in Flash support?  And is it ever updated?  I wonder if its safe to use if it has its own built-in Flash player and it isn't updated?

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:43 PM

On 9/20/2017 7:12 PM, Gene wrote:
As far as I know, Winamp won't play Flash content and I have no idea if the stream ripper would have access to the content to record.  I doubt very much that it will play HTML5 content either.  If you are going to use Winamp for this purpose, you will probably have to use an aggregator site that gives access to the underlying stream which the radio station web site converts to flash.  Flash isn't the actual format and I doubt HTML 5 is either.  There is, in the case of Flash, an underlying stream, usually mp3 but not always.  If you can find that underlying stream, you can play it in Winamp and then record it.  The Bill Sparks site gives access to a lot of such streams and you can look for the stations you want to record there.  Other members may have other suggestions.  But you can't just go to a station and have Winamp play the stream.

Hi can you please tell me where to get this stream ripper plug in from/
Ald also how to work with it once you have it and install it.

Winamp will do this with the free Stream Ripper plug in for Winamp.  You
run the plug in from the system tray and you can start and stop
recording as you wish and the sound is saved in exactly the format and
quality it is streamed.

Roger

On 9/20/2017 1:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible for
> NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Casey

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Marco Oros

This is true and Tapin radio is nolonger free.

Marco Oros

No, It isn't. This is maybe because of license. But, this is also strange. Some radio stations in my countries worked fine.

Gene

There are a large number of Canadian stations.

             I have tapin radio and Ihad it for years.  Almost everything use to play but for several months it was not getting updated and lots of stations will not play.   they don't want to fix it.  now it's a paidversion I don't know how much it is they do offer a 14 day trial period.  I have email exchanges with Phillop and he is a real big jerk.  I told him that I will not pay for it unless you fix the stations that won't play and keep it updated.  He told me that the person who maintained and updated tapin radio is no longer there.  Lots of the public safety stations won't play and in the free version I get the message that there are no stations found here and he does not know why. In the version they are all there but lots of them won't play.  He does is not even trying to fix the problem and thats not good technical support.  There is a bug in the new version but he does not think that there is.  I will just keep on using the version that I have and if it gets worse then there is nothing I can do about it.  It use to be a great program but no more.

Brian Sackrider

On 9/20/2017 2:47 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to find also some accessible software for listening and
> recording radio station streaming, which is for free and accessible
> for NVDA users.
>
> Please, could You help me?
>
> Thank You.
>
> Marco Oros

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Nothing to do with nvda, but if you are in a country where the Amazon Echo is supported, I have found the dot to be very good at finding stations via tuni in and radio player. the Alexa App on windows is a little clunky to use, but skills can be entered and lists deleted etc, so I tend to simply use that plugged through the stereo and use the computer sstand alone.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-