From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of chris miles
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Thunderbird and Word - A question for a friend

On 26/09/2017 09:51, Mallard wrote:

Hello all,

A friend of mine has recently switched from Outlook to Thunderbird, and has an issue I don't know how to solve.

Thunderbird has been set as default, but when he tried to attach a file to an email from within Word, he gets an error message that says it is impossible to do so.
Even from LibreOffice he doesn't manage to attach files to emails.

He has Office 2007, LibreOffice 5.2, and NVDA 2017.3 under Windows7.

I'm at a loss, because it works for me in Windows 10, Versione 1067.

The difference, apart from the OS version, is that I don't have office, so it works in LIbreOffice.

Could it be that, in spite of having Thunderbird set as dafault, Word or Writer look for Outlook, can't find it, and give an error?

Hope this is clear. I'm not so good at explaining technical issues...
Ciao, and thanks in advance!
Ollie

Hi,

Instead of looking for the file from TB and tabbing to the file how about using the context menu.

1. Highlight the file to be attached

2. Press the context menu

3. Choose send to mail recipient

and press enter

4. Says e-mailing and the file name attachment

5. Enter the address in the To field

6. Tab to the message tab and write your message

7. Press control and enter to send the message.

This is much easier and informs you that the file you wish to attached is shown as a file instead of a graphic.

4.

Mallard

So do I. I always save a file, and then send it from "Attach File" in the "File" menu (Alt+f).

I feel I have better control on what I'm doing that way.

Ciao,
Ollie

Il 27/09/2017 09:47, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io ha scritto:
I've always saved my file and then inserted it from the  folder it was saved in myself. As I then know exactly which version of a file I've sent somebody as its saved on my disc.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mallard" <mallard@kimabe.eu>
[...]

Hello Chris,

Many thanks. I'll pass this on to my friend.

Ciao,

Ollie

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>