Topics

BTSync, anyone still use?

Matt Turner

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Sarah k Alawami

I heard if you run the bt sync as a service, the newer one it is accessible. I don't know if this will help as this does not work for the mac at all and the developers dont really want to fix.

Take care and be blessed.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Kwork

A shame as it started out with such promise. After the client changed, and
finally the service no longer worked with older clients, and due to the
developers' unwillingness to keep things accessible, it lost its
practicality.

I heard if you run the bt sync as a service, the newer one it is accessible.
I don't know if this will help as this does not work for the mac at all and
the developers dont really want to fix.

Take care and be blessed.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have to give
it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Well hmmm I will see I have a few folders, but to be honest as long as those work who knows.

I will look at this.

If I had a choice I wouldn't run it at all as the devs don't care about the helpless blind people but I am on several folders so I really want to keep downloading those.

So at least while v1 works I will continue to use it.

On 27/09/2017 3:03 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I heard if you run the bt sync as a service, the newer one it is accessible. I don't know if this will help as this does not work for the mac at all and the developers dont really want to fix.

Take care and be blessed.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Matt Turner

Most of the folders i have are from onj.

On 9/26/2017 10:43 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well hmmm I will see I have a few folders, but to be honest as long as those work who knows.

I will look at this.

If I had a choice I wouldn't run it at all as the devs don't care about the helpless blind people but I am on several folders so I really want to keep downloading those.

So at least while v1 works I will continue to use it.

On 27/09/2017 3:03 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I heard if you run the bt sync as a service, the newer one it is accessible. I don't know if this will help as this does not work for the mac at all and the developers dont really want to fix.

Take care and be blessed.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Daniel Wolak

Hello all,

There is a new version of BTsync out, called Resilio Sync. Not sure
about mac/linux versions, but on windows anyways it is accessible,
providing that during install you choose to install it as a service.
Folders from BTSync are backwards compatible for the most part providing
you have the original key of course.

HTH,

Daniel

On 9/27/2017 2:56 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
Most of the folders i have are from onj.

On 9/26/2017 10:43 PM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well hmmm I will see I have a few folders, but to be honest as long
as those work who knows.

I will look at this.

If I had a choice I wouldn't run it at all as the devs don't care
about the helpless blind people but I am on several folders so I
really want to keep downloading those.

So at least while v1 works I will continue to use it.

On 27/09/2017 3:03 p.m., Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I heard if you run the bt sync as a service, the newer one it is
accessible. I don't know if this will help as this does not work for
the mac at all and the developers dont really want to fix.

Take care and be blessed.

On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:39 PM, Matt Turner <meturner2214@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have
to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Sarah k Alawami

Yep. I have run that version and it's sad the developers does not want to take the time to make the app run as a service under mac os as well otherwise I'd use it. Oh well. I have other ways that are better anyway, but very similar.

On Sep 27, 2017, at 7:36 AM, Daniel Wolak <danielwolak97@...> wrote:

[...]

wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have
to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Interesting.

But I won't be upgrading, I have bt sync for a select group of folders, which I keep backed up, I only need things to download sometimes speeds are slow but I don't keep it running.

After the 2x versions I have been lost on that reguard.

If I eventually have to stop that because of nvda transition then heck who knows I'll keep a version that works with old btsync 1 about just  so I can run it.

Bt sync is not something I use that much.

I do use it every day but not for much and I wouldn't bother using it if I didn't have things subscribed to it stuff I like.

On 28/09/2017 3:36 a.m., Daniel Wolak wrote:
[...]

wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have
to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Well, thanks for the information. But it is better if someone can try it on mac computer. elseif it would be very much limited in its usage.

Daniel Wolak 於 27/9/2017 22:36 寫道:

[...]

wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have
to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Would you mind sharing what is the alternative solution you are using?

Sarah k Alawami 於 28/9/2017 0:06 寫道:

[...]

wrote:

Hi folks.

Subject says it all.

The version i have is 1.3.109.

from what i understand, it was pretty much the last one that was
accessible.

I'm using it, along with the NVDA addon.

This version, keeps crashing on me, and i think I'm going to have
to give it up.

Anyone else have this, or run in to this problem?

Sarah k Alawami

It is called syncthing. It is very accessible, and they managed to actually make it better from the last time I   used it.

Take care all

On Sep 27, 2017, at 8:03 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William <cwwong.pro@...> wrote:

[...]

wrote:

Hi folks.