From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 7:58 PM
Subject: [nvda] Where are the recordings?

Can someone please post a link to get the recordings from last weekend's Add Ons Festival? I was only able to hear a bit of it and I'd like to have the other sessions.

Thanks much!

Roger

David Moore

Hi!

I could not listen to much of the NVDA add on festival either.

If anyone has recordings of it, I would love them so much.

I am really using and experimenting with many add ons, and I would love to hear what was said at this festival.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Where are the recordings?
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Roger Stewart

Thunderbird is blocking this. Now I'm getting a message that the link in the message is a scam and impersonating a site I want to visit so it has deactivated it. At least now I know what's stopping it but don't know how to get around it.

Roger

On 9/29/2017 1:50 PM, Rui Fontes wrote:
Replace %20 by space.

Rui

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Roger Stewart

I just tried copying the link into Firefox and then deleted both the %20 and replaced them with a space. Result: 404 Page not found.

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Sarah k Alawami

Can you copy the address to  firefox and just dl it that way?

Good luck.

Also maybe use wget or curl to grab the file?

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!!  By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there.  What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, dingpengyu06@... wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

You cannot have spaces in web addresses though, can you? I was thinking this too but decided it has to be something like underscore or something else. brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I get 404 error when I try.

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes cos space is not a valid seperator in web addresses. Also the fact that its a number not a name is probably also a problem as in effect you are bypassing the nameserver look up for the site and many sites do not like you to enter by trying to get at pages without going in via a known route.

De: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@...>
Para: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Data: 29 de setembro de 2017 15:49

I just tried this and the link appears to be totally dead!! By this, I mean it doesn't even try to open a browser at all let alone give me a page not found error or anything--it just says visited after I choose it but then just sits there. What's wrong?

Roger

On 9/28/2017 7:03 PM, @dingpengyu wrote:
All of you are good, this is the last week of the activities of the recording, the following is the download address: because there is no reason to deal with, so the volume will be relatively large, so a lot of inclusive. Http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community% <http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%> 20activities.7z

Antony Stone

Spaces are perfectly valid in web addresses.

The problem with them is that most email clients and similar applications
can't tell whether the space and the next word are still part of the address,
or if the address has finished and the next word is just a word, so therefore
spaces are often converted to %20 so that the entire address string is
continuous.

Typing an address, complete with spaces, into a web browser, however, is
perfectly valid.

The fundamental problem being discussed in this thread is in fact that someone
fairly early on posted a URL which doesn't work.

http://123.206.102.220/NVDA%20plugin%20community%20activities.7z

is the correct URL and works, although very very slowly.

Antony.

--
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is untrue.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

kavein thran

hi,
I pasted in a download manager and its working. The only me concerns
me is the size which is 958 mb. Why it's so large?

Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Ok, I'm getting it now! Thanks for the correct address. You are right--it is a very very slow server--must be on dial up on their end but at least I should have it in a couple hours.

Roger

Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

If all of you want I can transfer it to mine   for a while. Let me know and Ill get started on this now.

Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Ok, I transferred it to my server, it should be there in I kid you not, 8 hours. Um?  Ok? I have over 120 mbos down and maybe 100 mbps up on that server so geting it for you guys should be no problems. I'll keep it up there for about a month if that is ok with all of you.

Take care all.

Groups.Io wrote:

[...]

Ok, so can we please have the link to get it?  It still says I have an hour and a half left to get it and it's already been over 2 hours!

Thanks much.

Roger