From: Jared Smith <jared@...>
Date: Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:53 AM
Subject: [WebAIM] New WebAIM Screen Reader User Survey
To: WebAIM Discussion List <webaim-forum@...>

https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/

Please share this URL to any and all screen reader users.

Thanks,

Jared Smith
WebAIM.org

Mário Navarro

Hi.
 I've done my part. and all of you have a duty to do your part.
Yes it's really easy and 100% accessible
We have to take these few opportunities they give us to facilitate our lives ...
If we don't, then it's no use complaining for no reason ...
help to be helped ...
cheers.

Às 20:19 de 29/09/2017, Brandon Keith Biggs escreveu:

Hello,
Here is the link to one of the more important screen reader surveys. When people refference screen reader usage and tendencies, they often use the results of this survey.
Please fill this out, it really helps developers.
The questions are really easy and relevant.
Thank you,

Please share this URL to any and all screen reader users.

Thanks,

Jared Smith
WebAIM.org

matthew dyer

Just took it.  Tanks for the link.  BTW I put ink the comment fikeld that orca/linux should be included in th list of screenreader as it was not list, but if you use it just cause other.

Matthew

From: Jared Smith <jared@...>
Date: Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:53 AM
To: WebAIM Discussion List <webaim-forum@...>
https://webaim.org/projects/screenreadersurvey7/
Please share this URL to any and all screen reader users.
Thanks,
Jared Smith
WebAIM.org

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Just filled it in again just in case when it first came out it is not counted.

Gene nz

On 9/30/2017 8:19 AM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Here is the link to one of the more important screen reader surveys. When people refference screen reader usage and tendencies, they often use the results of this survey.
Please fill this out, it really helps developers.
The questions are really easy and relevant.
Thank you,

Please share this URL to any and all screen reader users.

Thanks,

Jared Smith
WebAIM.org

Travis Siegel

Once again, the survey continues to ignore screen readers for other operating systems.  It's nice they actually mention more than one for android, but each time I take this survey, I've commented that orca and other linux screen readers should be included (or at least given room to be typed in), and it never happens.  Of course, now they're not even bothering to ask what screen readers you use, just the one you use most often.  Most often (these days) I use NVDA, but I still use voice over, (both on IOS, which they did cover, and on OSX), which again, they did cover, but I also use speakup, orca, pispeak, and (once in a great while) a dos screen reader.  None of these options are even pretended at in this survey.  This survey has become a list of the big three, and who uses the most of each one, and no mention or care is given to additional resources.  If they're trying to find out what screen readers folks are using altogether, (not just the big three) then they need to redesign the survey to allow folks to at least mention that they use other operating systems, even if it isn't their primary one.  Last time they offered this survey in 2015, I couldn't fill it out, because I was using a raspberry pi as my main system, and they didn't give me an option to indicate such anywhere on the survey, only in the comments at the end, which is extremely poor survey design.  I nice question with what screen readers do yo use regularly (check all that apply) would have worked nicely, then have a checkbox for other with a place to type in your other choice.  This would seem fundamental to me, but these folks have gotten it wrong for (apparently) 7 survey cycles.  Apparently, they aren't studying what screen readers are used in general, just how popular a select few of them are, and that doesn't serve any purpose except to slant the numbers in favor of those select few options.  I don't think I'll be filling out this survey anymore.

On 9/29/2017 3:19 PM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:
Hello,
Here is the link to one of the more important screen reader surveys. When people refference screen reader usage and tendencies, they often use the results of this survey.
Please fill this out, it really helps developers.
The questions are really easy and relevant.
Thank you,

Please share this URL to any and all screen reader users.

Thanks,

Jared Smith
WebAIM.org

Sarah k Alawami

I tend to agree. A lot of them were  missing as well, also a lot of the operating systems such as linux were missing. I believe they are using  this toward consumers who  are not as savvy, like myself. Also ther is so many higns wrong with this thing it's not even funny. I've indicated this to them iver the years but they apparently don't change their tune.

On Oct 2, 2017, at 6:17 PM, Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...> wrote:

[...]

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Um duh Travis! Who in the hell useds Linux? Um not me. Its a given dude. Not a lot of blind folks are uber geeks like yourself. I've never used said OS and don't plan on it. Apple themselves put up a burier for teh cost of their damn product the iMacc. Do you think most of us have a thousand dollars laying around for a Mac with VO?

On 10/2/2017 9:17 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

[...]

hello.
i agree that survey owners should include all operating systems and
screen readers.
but for me that only use nvda, i try to participate it today.
God bless you all!

On 10/4/17, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:
[...]

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

David Moore

Hi all!

I participated and said NVDA, because that is what I use most of the time.

Go NVDA, and thank you all. Two years ago, I hardly used NVDA, and now it is my screen reader of choice most of the time, and I use over 20 add ons to make NVDA my favorite screen reader. Thanks so much for all of your hard work, developers.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> [...]

>> regularly (check all that apply) would have worked nicely, then have a

>> checkbox for other with a place to type in your other choice.  This

>> would seem fundamental to me, but these folks have gotten it wrong for

>> (apparently) 7 survey cycles. Apparently, they aren't studying what

>> screen readers are used in general, just how popular a select few of

>> them are, and that doesn't serve any purpose except to slant the

>> numbers in favor of those select few options.  I don't think I'll be

>> filling out this survey anymore.

>> On 9/29/2017 3:19 PM, Brandon Keith Biggs wrote:

>>> Hello,

>>> Here is the link to one of the more important screen reader surveys.

>>> When people refference screen reader usage and tendencies, they often

>>> use the results of this survey.

>>> Please fill this out, it really helps developers.

>>> The questions are really easy and relevant.

>>> WebAIM.org