NVDA Country Subgroups

adriani.botez@...

Dear all,

What do you think about the idea of creating subgroups of this NVDA group for each country which has many active users? As of now there are lots of mail lists and platforms worldwide where NVDA users and developers discuss. At a point when there will be an NVDA Add-on store for everyone, does it not make sense to try to bring users and developers worldwide more next to each other? Even though those subgroups would not solve the language problem, they would somehow make people more aware about the international importance of NVDA. I came to this idea because we have a network in germany but not everyone speaks englisch to be able to read anything in the main group. But I am sure that here are also people who speak other languages and would like to talk to NVDA users from those countries.
And in fact, you would have a big platform for discussion instead of hundreeds of mail lists and such.

Best
Adriani

Vlad Dragomir

Hello,

This would be an excellent idea. I would love to have a more international experience, although technically I don't know how this would be possible. Anyway if anyone has more information or details, I am more than open to the idea of attending different groups, or even better, opening this one to more people, even thouse whose English is hesitant.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Sarah k Alawami

That could work, however I believe you must be subscribed to the parent group in order to subscribe to the sub group, this is how I understand it. My skype list does not have any sub groups as right now we don't need them.

Take care all

On Oct 1, 2017, at 12:26 PM, Vlad Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

This would be an excellent idea. I would love to have a more international experience, although technically I don't know how this would be possible. Anyway if anyone has more information or details, I am more than open to the idea of attending different groups, or even better, opening this one to more people, even thouse whose English is hesitant.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Hi,

I tend to oppose this idea for three reasons:

  1. Responsibility and accountability: who is going to be responsible for locale-specific subgroups, especially in the event of sudden death or departure?
  2. Sheer number of members: I think this list has more than 500 members (if I heard right). Although creating language-based subgroups would certainly increase our membership, I’m worried a bit about server performance.
  3. Free will of the community: it is really up to members of language communities to decide if their forum should be a part of this group as a subgroup, a different forum on Groups.IO, or use a different service altogether. Korean community (which I am the admin), for instance, uses Facebook as a main communication channel, and I know one or two language communities that uses other services.

Cheers,

Joseph

[...]

Engin Albayrak <mealbayrak@...>

There is a yahoo group for Turkey:
nvda_tr@yahoogroups.com

wrote:

Hello,

This would be an excellent idea. I would love to have a more international
experience, although technically I don't know how this would be possible.
Anyway if anyone has more information or details, I am more than open to the
idea of attending different groups, or even better, opening this one to more
people, even thouse whose English is hesitant.

Best regards,

Vlad.

Rui Fontes

The portuguese spoken community already have a mailing list.

nvdaemportugues@googlegroups.com

Rui Fontes

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

is this not this type of page for other countries for people to join?

the link is https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda-community/wiki/Connect

Gene nz

On 10/2/2017 8:18 AM, adriani.botez via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Good idea on the surface but throws up a lot of what ifs, as you can see from this thread already.
Nothing to stop anyone setting up a group, but if anyone wanted to monitor all for common issues you would need a linguist programmer who might be better employed elsewhere!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-