Topics

Read to end of document not working in NVDA

Dan Thompson

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow and text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the document.  This stopped a few upgrades ago.  I thought it would come back but has not yet.  I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking “simple review mode” to try.  So I did uncheck the box and nothing really changed.  Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

Thanks very much in advance.

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

Rui Fontes

Do you have selected the laptop keyboard sheme?
If so, the keystroke is CapsLock+A.

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Dan Thompson
Data: 3 de outubro de 2017 01:18
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: [nvda] Read to end of document not working in NVDA

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow and text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the document. This stopped a few upgrades ago. I thought it would come back but has not yet. I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking “simple review mode” to try. So I did uncheck the box and nothing really changed. Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Gene

If you are using the laptop layout, a lot of other commands are different as well.  Also, whatever layout you are using, have you looked through the keyboard settings dialog to make sure the check box is checked for using the caps lock as an NVDA key?  If you are using the caps lock and if the check box came unchecked in some way, the caps lock won't work.  The check box is available in the desktop or laptop layout.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] Read to end of document not working in NVDA

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow and text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the document.  This stopped a few upgrades ago.  I thought it would come back but has not yet.  I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking “simple review mode” to try.  So I did uncheck the box and nothing really changed.  Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Dan Thompson

Thanks so much.  Yes, I do have the cap-locks checked and it works fine.  It is just the read to end not working.  Thanks again.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:36 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Read to end of document not working in NVDA

If you are using the laptop layout, a lot of other commands are different as well.  Also, whatever layout you are using, have you looked through the keyboard settings dialog to make sure the check box is checked for using the caps lock as an NVDA key?  If you are using the caps lock and if the check box came unchecked in some way, the caps lock won't work.  The check box is available in the desktop or laptop layout.

Gene

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Dan Thompson

Thank you very very much. What if you are using a desktop. Can you use caplocks plus A?

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rui Fontes
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:22 PM

Rui

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow and
text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the document.
This stopped a few upgrades ago. I thought it would come back but has not
yet. I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking
“simple review mode” to try. So I did uncheck the box and nothing really
changed. Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message
with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for
the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for
them." (NLT)

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Check under the key board settings in NVDA. one of them that you use might of been unchecked. There are 3 to chose from you can either have them all or just the one.

These are the caps lock key the insert key or the extended insert key. make sure it is checked what ever one you choose. for example my insrt key is checked.

Gene nz

On 10/3/2017 1:18 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

By the way in which program is it not doing it in? I could understand it in open office but not word etc.

Gene nz

On 10/3/2017 1:18 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

Hi yep

You just need the caps lock one checked as well. I have all 3 here but may only use the insert key or caps lock key with the down arrow key most of the time. It depends where the cup of coffee is.

Gene nz

On 10/3/2017 1:44 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:
Thank you very very much.  What if you are using a desktop.  Can you use caplocks plus A?

Rui

HI All,

This stopped a few upgrades ago.  I thought it would come back but has not 
yet.  I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking 
“simple review mode” to try.  So I did uncheck the box and nothing really 
changed.  Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for 
them." (NLT)

--

Gene

You may need to completely uninstall NVDA including residual files left over after the uninstallation and reinstall it.  Others know much more about that than I do.  Also, you can try running NVDA with no add ons and see what that does.

Gene

Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:43 PM

Thanks so much.  Yes, I do have the cap-locks checked and it works fine.  It is just the read to end not working.  Thanks again.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:36 PM

Gene

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Rui Fontes

Yes, you can choose the Desktop layout and check the CapsLock to be also an NVDA key.
By the way, I use that... Desktop layout with all three NVDA key options checked...

Rui

Data: 3 de outubro de 2017 01:44
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Read to end of document not working in NVDA

Thank you very very much. What if you are using a desktop. Can you use caplocks plus A?

Rui

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

them." (NLT)

Chris Mullins

No, if you are using desktop keyboard layout, it's NVDA+down arrow. NVDA being a modifier key which can be one or all of capslock, insert and extended insert key depending on your personal configuration of keyboard settings.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Thompson
Sent: 3 October 2017 01:45

Rui

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

them." (NLT)

Dan Thompson

Yes, I thought that was it and that's what I am using. Thanks for your help.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 5:44 AM

No, if you are using desktop keyboard layout, it's NVDA+down arrow. NVDA being a modifier key which can be one or all of capslock, insert and extended insert key depending on your personal configuration of keyboard settings.

Cheers

Chris

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Thompson

Rui

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

them." (NLT)

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Of course it is still not working on Open or Libra Office unfortunately. Does anyone know if these programs have scroll bars? I did wonder whether a ascreen reader could check these and try to scroll them in some way to keep it reading.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 12:57 PM

Yes, I thought that was it and that's what I am using. Thanks for your help.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris Mullins
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 5:44 AM

Cheers

Chris

Rui

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

them." (NLT)

chris miles

On 03/10/2017 01:18, Dan Thompson wrote:

HI All,

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Hi,

To read to the end of a document:-

Press NVDA key and a

To stop reading:

Press control.

hi.
nvda uses nvda+down arrow for sayAll in desktop and also nvda+a in
laptop keyboard layout.
for stopping speaking of nvda press control key.
to stop temporary use shift key and for resume again press shift key.
in this case, nvda continues reading from the last place that you
stopped reading.
nvda have support for SayAll for many programs except libreoffice and
openoffice that i know.
hope that help, God bless you.

On 10/4/17, chris miles <grrenfly@...> wrote:
On 03/10/2017 01:18, Dan Thompson wrote:

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow
and text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the
document.  This stopped a few upgrades ago.  I thought it would come
back but has not yet.  I explored the menus but can’t find a setting
except unchecking “simple review mode” to try.  So I did uncheck the
box and nothing really changed.  Does any have any idea how to get the
read to end back?

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank
message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@... <mailto:dmt031073@...>

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together
for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his
purpose for them." (NLT)

Hi,

To read to the end of a document:-

Press NVDA key and a

To stop reading:

Press control.

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org