Topics

Read to end of document not working in NVDA

Dan Thompson

HI All,

I use to be able to press one of the nvda keys along with down arrow and text would be read from the cursor’s location to the end of the document.  This stopped a few upgrades ago.  I thought it would come back but has not yet.  I explored the menus but can’t find a setting except unchecking “simple review mode” to try.  So I did uncheck the box and nothing really changed.  Does any have any idea how to get the read to end back?

Thanks very much in advance.

subscribe to "Hotspot With God" daily devotion by sending a blank message with "subscribe devotion" in the subject line to

dmt031073@...

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

Rui Fontes

Do you have selected the laptop keyboard sheme?
If so, the keystroke is CapsLock+A.

Rui

[...]

Gene

If you are using the laptop layout, a lot of other commands are different as well.  Also, whatever layout you are using, have you looked through the keyboard settings dialog to make sure the check box is checked for using the caps lock as an NVDA key?  If you are using the caps lock and if the check box came unchecked in some way, the caps lock won't work.  The check box is available in the desktop or laptop layout.

Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] Read to end of document not working in NVDA

[...]

Thanks so much.  Yes, I do have the cap-locks checked and it works fine.  It is just the read to end not working.  Thanks again.

Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:18 PM

[...]

Thank you very very much. What if you are using a desktop. Can you use caplocks plus A?

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Check under the key board settings in NVDA. one of them that you use might of been unchecked. There are 3 to chose from you can either have them all or just the one.

These are the caps lock key the insert key or the extended insert key. make sure it is checked what ever one you choose. for example my insrt key is checked.

Gene nz

On 10/3/2017 1:18 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

[...]

By the way in which program is it not doing it in? I could understand it in open office but not word etc.

[...]

Hi yep

You just need the caps lock one checked as well. I have all 3 here but may only use the insert key or caps lock key with the down arrow key most of the time. It depends where the cup of coffee is.

Gene nz

On 10/3/2017 1:44 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:
[...]

You may need to completely uninstall NVDA including residual files left over after the uninstallation and reinstall it.  Others know much more about that than I do.  Also, you can try running NVDA with no add ons and see what that does.

Sent: Monday, October 02, 2017 7:43 PM

[...]

Yes, you can choose the Desktop layout and check the CapsLock to be also an NVDA key.
By the way, I use that... Desktop layout with all three NVDA key options checked...

Rui

[...]

Chris Mullins

No, if you are using desktop keyboard layout, it's NVDA+down arrow. NVDA being a modifier key which can be one or all of capslock, insert and extended insert key depending on your personal configuration of keyboard settings.

Cheers

Chris

[...]

Yes, I thought that was it and that's what I am using. Thanks for your help.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Of course it is still not working on Open or Libra Office unfortunately. Does anyone know if these programs have scroll bars? I did wonder whether a ascreen reader could check these and try to scroll them in some way to keep it reading.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

chris miles

On 03/10/2017 01:18, Dan Thompson wrote:

[...]

Hi,

To read to the end of a document:-

Press NVDA key and a

To stop reading:

Press control.

hi.
nvda uses nvda+down arrow for sayAll in desktop and also nvda+a in
laptop keyboard layout.
for stopping speaking of nvda press control key.
to stop temporary use shift key and for resume again press shift key.
in this case, nvda continues reading from the last place that you
stopped reading.
nvda have support for SayAll for many programs except libreoffice and
openoffice that i know.
hope that help, God bless you.

dmt031073@... <mailto:dmt031073@...>

TRUTH FOR TODAY:

Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes everything to work together
for the good of those who  love God and are called according to his
purpose for them." (NLT)

Psalm 119:60, "I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands." (NIV)

Hi,

To read to the end of a document:-

Press NVDA key and a

To stop reading: