windows 10 ocr?

mattias

I see a menu value in NVDA settings menu

Windows 10 ocr

? how to use?

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Quentin Christensen

Hi there,

The menu item simply lets you choose the language the OCR uses.  To use OCR itself, move the focus to an image with text (say a graphic on a web page, or open a PDF file), and press NVDA+r.  Once recognised, you can use the regular navigation and say all commands to read through the results.

I actually wrote up the latest edition of In-Process yesterday including a walkthrough of using it, but I've been a bit slow to publish it!

Note that if you have the OCR add-on installed, you should disable it before using the built-in OCR.  If you are not using Windows 10, you will still need to use the add-on.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Hello Matias!

This is a setting for changing the language. Go in NVDA menu, Preferences, Windows 10 OCR and press enter. A dialog with a combo box and a button will be displayed. The combo box lets you choose the language you want for OCR, for example Danish. Choose it and press OK. To extract a text from a picture, press Windows+R.
If you still have questions, please ask.
Cheers,
Florian

Trimis din Mail pentru Windows 10

De la: mattias
Trimis: marți, 3 octombrie 2017 20:29
Către: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subiect: [nvda] windows 10 ocr?

I see a menu value in NVDA settings menu

Windows 10 ocr

? how to use?

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Mallard <mallard@...>

Wow, thanks Florian! I wasn't aware of this feature.

Ciao,

Ollie

Trimis din Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> pentru Windows 10

*De la: *mattias <mailto:mjonsson1986@...>
*Trimis: *marți, 3 octombrie 2017 20:29
*Către: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subiect: *[nvda] windows 10 ocr?

I see a menu value in NVDA settings menu

Windows 10 ocr

? how to use?

Skickades från E-post <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> för Windows 10

Tony Ballou

Hi there,

If you are running the most recent version of windows, which is the windows creators update version 1703, and have the current version of nvda

which is 17.3, section 9 of the users guide gives detailed instructions about the windows 10 OCR feature and how to set things up. If you are running an earlier version of windows such as 1607, or NVDA version 17.2 or prior, I believe there's a tutorial on how to use the NVDA OCR add on at
 Http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
Hope this helps.

Tony
On 10/3/2017 1:29 PM, mattias wrote:

I see a menu value in NVDA settings menu

Windows 10 ocr

? how to use?

Skickades från E-post för Windows 10

Quentin Christensen

I also just published this week's In-Process (sorry for the very late arrival!) which has a practical exercise on using the OCR:

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 2:59 AM, Tony Ballou <cyberpro224@...> wrote:

[...]

Scott VanDeWalle

Hi Quentin, I read that and I was basically told the image was hidden.

Just thought I should let you know, or maybe it was meant to do that?

Thanks

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Which browser are you using?  I just tried with Firefox, Chrome and IE on Windows 10 using the built-in OCR and it worked fine on all those.  In Edge, it seemed a bit flakey so I'll look into that.

I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE on Windows 7 using the Add-On and all three of those read the text in the image as well

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Scott VanDeWalle <scottvandewalle2@...> wrote:

[...]

Hello all,

This OCR thing is a real manna! It works great at this end, even with all the Windows 10 issues I described earlier.

Thanks guys, you've given us a real jewel!

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 05/10/2017 01:56, Quentin Christensen ha scritto:
I also just published this week's In-Process (sorry for the very late arrival!) which has a practical exercise on using the OCR:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-5th-october-2017/

Regards

Quentin.