Topics

Owner's Notes, Please Read #adminnotice

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

I come to you with a couple of things, and I hope you will read this in its entirety. If you have any questions, please submit them to nvda+owner@nvda.groups.io and I will be happy to help you, as will Gene.

First, all of us, every single person, represents ourselves in each post we choose to write publicly. We choose how we are portrayed, and the image we want others to see. In that same light, if we choose to participate in a community of members, we represent that community to the outside world, particularly as all messages are viewable publicly and are archived fo,r all to read at a time of their choosing. As members of the NVDA community, we represent not only ourselves, but also NVAccess, and the blindness community as a whole. Whether we choose to or not, this is how it is.

I write all of that to say that each message you write should be written with care and attention to this fact. It is not acceptable to write messages disparaging the VFO group or any other competitor by calling them by offensive names, or in any way bashing other products or manufacturers. Whether you or I or anyone else likes JAWS is irrelevant to this list, and moreover writing about JAWS and calling it by names other than what it is will not be permitted.

Second, the topic of this list is NVDA. We all are here to learn from one another, to help one another, and to participate in the NVDA community. The topic is NVDA, and talking about how good JAWS is or how bad it is does not relate to NVDA. I have been pretty lenient in allowing some off-topic posts as I believe the list, by in large, self-moderates, and because some debate is healthy, and because the conversations on here, whether they relate to NVDA or not, can be helpful to list members, so long as it does not detract from the purpose of the list, and it does not attack other companies
--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100% personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Armando Maldonado

Yep I agree. I am slowly embracing NVDA and regardless of our preferences, we shall be respectful towards one another. Nimer did hit it on the money, as our messages we post reflects our image as a whole. Great post nimer!

Armando