question about comparison between current versions of nvda since 2017.1 about stability

hello every one.
firefox browser is the most important program for me after nvda currently.
i wish that know between versions 2017.1, 2017.2 and 2017.3 of nvda
which one is the most compatible version using browsers specially
firefox in stability, not hang or crash without causing the problem
(not responding) for both nvda and browser?
i read nvda 17.2 hanged many times and some people requested link for
return to 17.1 after releasing 17.2
but i even heard that 17.3 hangs using browsers.
could you please share your experience with me in this regard?
i appreciate any help, specially from nvda expert users and developers.
God bless you and i sincerely pray for you every day.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

John Isige

I'm running Firefox 56.0, NVDA 2017.3, and my only issue is that when you first start Firefox, if you use the arrows or move by headings or such, it seems to be slow for a few second, but then it clears up and everything's fine. I haven't had any issues with crashing or whatever.

On 10/6/2017 1:18, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
firefox browser is the most important program for me after nvda currently.
i wish that know between versions 2017.1, 2017.2 and 2017.3 of nvda
which one is the most compatible version using browsers specially
firefox in stability, not hang or crash without causing the problem
(not responding) for both nvda and browser?
i read nvda 17.2 hanged many times and some people requested link for
return to 17.1 after releasing 17.2
but i even heard that 17.3 hangs using browsers.
could you please share your experience with me in this regard?
i appreciate any help, specially from nvda expert users and developers.
God bless you and i sincerely pray for you every day.

mcLeod stinnett

--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64 bit. I like 2017 1.

thanks so much for your reply.
i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.
God bless you all.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:

--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64 bit.
I like 2017 1.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I've not seen any issues in 2017.3 myself and this obviously depends on what programs you have. It also means though that unless you are up to date add ons and fixes might not work on the older version of nvda.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

On 10/6/2017 1:18, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
firefox browser is the most important program for me after nvda currently.
i wish that know between versions 2017.1, 2017.2 and 2017.3 of nvda
which one is the most compatible version using browsers specially
firefox in stability, not hang or crash without causing the problem
(not responding) for both nvda and browser?
i read nvda 17.2 hanged many times and some people requested link for
return to 17.1 after releasing 17.2
but i even heard that 17.3 hangs using browsers.
could you please share your experience with me in this regard?
i appreciate any help, specially from nvda expert users and developers.
God bless you and i sincerely pray for you every day.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Use Firefox 55 or before and all seems pretty good. Indeed the only gripe I have about 55 and some earlier ones is that when first launched it often complains that the page cannot be found. However try again normally finds it. its trying to be too swift of its marks i think before the address is resolved.
[...]

thanks so much brian.
do you mean that the best version of nvda without issues and hangs is
2017.3 except outlook which i read previously?
God bless you.

[...]

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

What version of Windows are you running?

George

i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.
God bless you all.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:

--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64 bit.
I like 2017 1.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

i wish that know about the best version of nvda in general, not
specific for one version of windows.

On 10/6/17, George McCoy <slr1bpz@charter.net> wrote:
What version of Windows are you running?

George
i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.
God bless you all.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:

--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64
bit.
I like 2017 1.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Antony Stone

You would have to tell us what "best" means before anyone could answer that.

Different people have different ideas about what is best; we don't know what
your idea of "best" for NVDA is.

Antony.

On 10/6/17, George McCoy wrote:
What version of Windows are you running?

George
i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:
--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64
bit.
I like 2017 1.
--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Sarah k Alawami

I would just update to the snap shots and report bugs. If you don't have time for that just update to what ever is out in the public and report bugs. You are not very clear when you say "best" as other people have said. What would you like your experience to be like. Please give good examples and use cases and be very detailed in your email.

On 10/6/17, George McCoy wrote:
What version of Windows are you running?

George
i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:
--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64
bit.
I like 2017 1.
--
This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

In my experience and this is only my experience, performance differs somewhat depending on the version of windows being run.

George

i am waiting for other's experience and advice in this regard.
God bless you all.

On 10/6/17, mcLeod stinnett <macks75205@gmail.com> wrote:

--
from mack I use firefox 52 ESR with n v d a 2017 1 I use windows 7 64
bit.
I like 2017 1.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

I havn't had any issue with firefox 56 to be honest its not always focused but its ok.

The issue I have is that it sometimes wants to drop out of focus where nvda simply refuses to read things properly till I restart it but its not as bad as that.

the  bigger issues I have right now are with outlook not reading the first 2-4 weeks messages at the top of a large list of messages in a vary large 10 year long datafile set my dad has.

And in win10 narator not reading searched items not even reading up and down arrow presses in win10, the system has a lot of cloud share software and nvda does read it.

its win10 pro and I have yet to try it on another system I do hope that issue goes away on the new os.

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Isige" <gwynn@tds.net>

On 10/6/2017 1:18, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
firefox browser is the most important program for me after nvda currently.
i wish that know between versions 2017.1, 2017.2 and 2017.3 of nvda
which one is the most compatible version using browsers specially
firefox in stability, not hang or crash without causing the problem
(not responding) for both nvda and browser?
i read nvda 17.2 hanged many times and some people requested link for
return to 17.1 after releasing 17.2
but i even heard that 17.3 hangs using browsers.
could you please share your experience with me in this regard?
i appreciate any help, specially from nvda expert users and developers.
God bless you and i sincerely pray for you every day.

.

Well we must remember we are dealing with a new engine mod for mozilla stuff so there will be some bugs.

I have found 56 quite stable for the most part.

----- Original Message ----- From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
firefox browser is the most important program for me after nvda currently.
i wish that know between versions 2017.1, 2017.2 and 2017.3 of nvda
which one is the most compatible version using browsers specially
firefox in stability, not hang or crash without causing the problem
(not responding) for both nvda and browser?
i read nvda 17.2 hanged many times and some people requested link for
return to 17.1 after releasing 17.2
but i even heard that 17.3 hangs using browsers.
could you please share your experience with me in this regard?
i appreciate any help, specially from nvda expert users and developers.
God bless you and i sincerely pray for you every day.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

.

hi antony and all.
as i told in my first message, the best version for me is the most
stable version.
the version which has good performance in all windows versions,
different browsers specially firefox for me without becoming
unresponsive, hang or crash.
i had many issues using firefox, including hang, brows mode not
working, and even forcing shutdown the computer with power button
because my computer became unresponsive and even i could not use
keyboard sometimes!
i had this problem since nvda 2016.3 and later.
i also did not use 2016.2 because of problems for farsi punctuations.
but i tested it one time and it was slow to response in firefox and i
dont remember if it caused any other problem for me or not.
the only stable version that i did not face hang, unresponsiveness or
need to use shutdown via power button, in this year and last year is
2017.1
thats the main reason that i mentioned in one of my previous post that
i realy dont want to update my nvda!
i had other reasons for this, but this problem was very annoying for
me and caused cant doing all the things that i need properly and fast!
also 2017.2 which was the most favorite version for me, became slow
many times for me, sometimes silent and unresponsive and i remember
that in the first day that i installed it, i fourced to shutdown my
laptop via power button!
hope that someone can help me and introduce me the best version of
nvda without such issues!
i also installed nvda 17.3 to see the result yesterday and until now,
did not experience such problems in one day except one page which is
very slow using nvda for me to response!
God bless you all!

[...]

hi quentin.
could you please you help me in this regard?
God bless you and his infinite mercy i pray for you.

On 10/7/17, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Felix G.

Hi!
User experience depends on many factors, meaning any combination of hardware, screen reader version, Windows version, and browser is unique and may have its unique quirks.
My experience is that with NVDA 2017.3 there has not been any stability-related problem I could not resolve by restarting NVDA. Responsiveness with Firefox has degraded for me over the recent months with Firefox updates, but there have been no real hangs or crashes.
However I doubt my observations will be applicable to your situation, nevertheless I'm trying to be as helpful as I can be.
Kind regards,
Felix

On 10/7/17, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
> hi antony and all.
> as i told in my first message, the best version for me is the most
> stable version.
> the version which has good performance in all windows versions,
> different browsers specially firefox for me without becoming
> unresponsive, hang or crash.
> i had many issues using firefox, including hang, brows mode not
> working, and even forcing shutdown the computer with power button
> because my computer became unresponsive and even i could not use
> keyboard sometimes!
> i had this problem since nvda 2016.3 and later.
> i also did not use 2016.2 because of problems for farsi punctuations.
> but i tested it one time and it was slow to response in firefox and i
> dont remember if it caused any other problem for me or not.
> the only stable version that i did not face hang, unresponsiveness or
> need to use shutdown via power button, in this year and last year is
> 2017.1
> thats the main reason that i mentioned in one of my previous post that
> i realy dont want to update my nvda!
> i had other reasons for this, but this problem was very annoying for
> me and caused cant doing all the things that i need properly and fast!
> also 2017.2 which was the most favorite version for me, became slow
> many times for me, sometimes silent and unresponsive and i remember
> that in the first day that i installed it, i fourced to shutdown my
> laptop via power button!
> hope that someone can help me and introduce me the best version of
> nvda without such issues!
> i also installed nvda 17.3 to see the result yesterday and until now,
> did not experience such problems in one day except one page which is
> very slow using nvda for me to response!
> God bless you all!
>
> On 10/7/17, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:
>> Well we must remember we are dealing with a new engine mod for mozilla
>> stuff so there will be some bugs.
>>
>> I have found 56 quite stable for the most part.
>>

>> On 6/10/2017 11:11 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
>>> Use Firefox 55 or before and all seems pretty good. Indeed the only
>>> gripe I have about 55 and some earlier ones is that when first
>>> launched it often complains that the page cannot be found. However try
>>> again normally finds it. its trying to be too swift of its marks i
>>> think before the address is resolved.
>>> Brian
>>>
>>> bglists@...
>>> Sent via blueyonder.
>>> Please address personal email to:-
>>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>>> in the display name field.
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>

hi felix.
which version of firefox for you was the best version in speed and stability?
thanks so much for sharing your experience for me.
is the degradation present with previous versions of firefox or not?
God bless you and his mercy for your help!

wrote:
[...]

I have issues about Firefox after version 55 32 bit really
They seem to have changed too much at the same time and got themselves a bit mangled. I'm sure it will be fixed, but these things happen in complex software and really maybe they might have had the latest two versions as extended betas for longer and not tried to force 64 bit users into the 64 bit version when they don't want it.