Topics

Changing synth on the fly

Mallard

Hello all,

For the first time I-ve installed Windows10 in English, instead of Italian.

Now, for the most part I use English as my operating language on pc, but I do have quite a lot of mail in Italian.

Since i like the English voice / George / of OneCore, but I can-t stand the Italian voices,

I-d ilke to use another tts for Italian.

I have at the back of my mind that therewas either a command or an add/on to change tts on teh fly.

Is that true, or have I just made it up_

What is the command, or where can I get the add/on_

Thanks, sorry about this basic question, but I never needed this before.

Ciao,

Ollie

Sarah k Alawami

Hey, letting you know, you sent this to the wrong group. I am positive you already knew this but just in case.

Take care and happy wednesday.

to subscribe to the feed click here

On 20 Nov 2019, at 14:05, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

No your friend is wrong

The iPhone 5s is not compatible with IOS 13

Nor is the iPhone 6

Sorry you are out of luck guys

For the first time I-ve installed Windows10 in English, instead of Italian.

Now, for the most part I use English as my operating language on pc, but

I do have quite a lot of mail in Italian.

Since i like the English voice / George / of OneCore, but I can-t stand

the Italian voices,

I-d ilke to use another tts for Italian.

I have at the back of my mind that therewas either a command or an

add/on to change tts on teh fly.

Is that true, or have I just made it up_

What is the command, or where can I get the add/on_

Thanks, sorry about this basic question, but I never needed this before.

Ciao,

Ollie

Mallard

Excuse me, but what does this have to do with my question_

You-ve replied to my message, talking about the Iphone, which I don-t have and don-t want to have...

I was asking about NvDA, not the Iphone...

Sorry, I-m mystifies... lol

On 20/11/2019 23:05, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

No your friend is wrong

The iPhone 5s is not compatible with IOS 13

Nor is the iPhone 6

Sorry you are out of luck guys

For the first time I-ve installed Windows10 in English, instead of Italian.

Now, for the most part I use English as my operating language on pc, but

I do have quite a lot of mail in Italian.

Since i like the English voice / George / of OneCore, but I can-t stand

the Italian voices,

I-d ilke to use another tts for Italian.

I have at the back of my mind that therewas either a command or an

add/on to change tts on teh fly.

Is that true, or have I just made it up_

What is the command, or where can I get the add/on_

Thanks, sorry about this basic question, but I never needed this before.

Ciao,

Ollie

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

it if i remember right is called switch synth and to see where the
official add ons are in in nvda tools then add on manager then there is
a button called get add ons then press the enter key. It will take you
to where they are held.

Gene nz

On 21/11/2019 11:25 am, Mallard wrote:
[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Ollie,

I am a bit confused because when I read this thread, I see references to an iPhone.  Since this is the list for NVDA, I would think you were referring to NVDA.

Using NVDA, the hotkey to bring up the list of installed synthesizers is Insert + control + S.  Then use up/down arrow keys to choose a different synthesizer.  Make sure you have installed the desired synthesizer first. Otherwise it will not show up in the list of synthesizers after pressing the hotkey.

On the other hand, if you want to change the voice used by a synthesizer, the hotkey is insert + control + V.  This brings up a box with  the default synthesizer.  Then tab once to choose a different voice.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Sarah k Alawami

I don't recall that add on, but ther is so much there, I can't even begin to keep track of them.

As Jean said try finding that add on and see what happens.

Good luck.

On 20 Nov 2019, at 14:31, hurrikennyandopo ... wrote:

[...]

Hello Sarah,

I found out the name of the add-on. It's Switchsynth, but I'm afraid it no longer works with Python 3.

thanks, ciao,

Ollie

On 21/11/2019 02:47, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

I don't recall that add on, but ther is so much there, I can't even begin to keep track of them.

As Jean said try finding that add on and see what happens.

Good luck.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. <http://www.tffppodcast.com>; This is also our libsyn page as well.

Our telegram <https://t.me/tffppodcast>; channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord <https://discord.gg/fr7MaVK>; is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here <Http://patreon.com/tffppodcast>

[...]

Hey there Ron,

Thanks. No... I wanted to change synth...

Ciao,

Ollie