Keystroke command for saving in Internet Explorer 11

Robert Mendoza

My computer has been formatted and the default browser installed to my machine is IE 11. I may ask what is the keystroke to save the file to my machine. Thanks!

--
Robert Mendoza

Robert Mendoza

On the other note, I prefer to download and save Firefox installer instead of IE 11 because I am not familiar with the keystroke command for saving the file to my machine. I appreciate your response. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

On 10/7/2017 10:04 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
My computer has been formatted and the default browser installed to my machine is IE 11. I may ask what is the keystroke to save the file to my machine. Thanks!

John Isige

If you want to save a web page, ctrl-s will do it, I think. If you want to save a file, right click on it, which is either your applications key or shift-f10, and pick "save as" from the menu.

On 10/8/2017 0:04, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Gene

Right clicking only works if the web page is set up to support saving a file in that way.  You often can't save that way.  there is a wayt to save a file by following the link intended for that purpose but I don't use Internet Explorer and I don't know the procedure for newer versions.  As I recall, you do something with the information bar. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keystroke command for saving in Internet Explorer 11

If you want to save a web page, ctrl-s will do it, I think. If you want
to save a file, right click on it, which is either your applications key
or shift-f10, and pick "save as" from the menu.

> My computer has been formatted and the default browser installed to my
> machine is IE 11. I may ask what is the keystroke to save the file to
> my machine. Thanks!
>

John Isige

I know you have to access the information bar to download executables a lot of the time, but yeah I don't remember what that is either, I haven't used IE in years. Personally I'd just install Firefox from IE, then go download the Firefox installer with Firefox and save it that way.

Robert Mendoza

I am not saving particular page but rather to save file once I hit the link download file and nvda says that I have the option to choose either to Run,Save, or Cancel. My question is that how will my focus will go to the save.

Robert Mendoza

On 10/7/2017 12:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
If you want to save a web page, ctrl-s will do it, I think. If you want to save a file, right click on it, which is either your applications key or shift-f10, and pick "save as" from the menu.

Gene

But I don't know if you have to use the information bar when running a program instead of installing it.  You can try and see what happens. 

I'm sure someone will explain how to use the information bar. 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 5:20 PM

I know you have to access the information bar to download executables a
lot of the time, but yeah I don't remember what that is either, I
haven't used IE in years. Personally I'd just install Firefox from IE,
then go download the Firefox installer with Firefox and save it that way.

Rui Fontes

Alt+N.
N, from Notifications bar...

Rui

-----Mensagem Original-----
De: Robert Mendoza
Data: 8 de outubro de 2017 14:36
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Assunto: Re: [nvda] Keystroke command for saving in Internet Explorer 11

I am not saving particular page but rather to save file once I hit the
link download file and nvda says that I have the option to choose either
to Run,Save, or Cancel. My question is that how will my focus will go to
the save.

Robert Mendoza

John Isige

You choose save, and a dialogue will come up asking you where to save it? There's nothing special about NVDA here. That is, you don't have to do anything in particular because you're running NVDA over something else, it's just however IE works.

On 10/8/2017 8:36, Robert Mendoza wrote:
I am not saving particular page but rather to save file once I hit the link download file and nvda says that I have the option to choose either to Run,Save, or Cancel. My question is that how will my focus will go to the save.

Robert Mendoza

Brian's Mail list account

I'm not sure what you are asking here, what file exactly?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2017 6:04 AM
Subject: [nvda] Keystroke command for saving in Internet Explorer 11

--
Robert Mendoza

Well I see what you mean, You want firefox instead. I think if I recall a version of Firefox is already on most new installs, and then you can update it after you have run it.

I'm surprised if its windows 10 its not defaulted to edge. IE is not bad , and is usable. Edge I found was a bit clunky to do stuff with.
If you are updating to firefox, don't go for anything over version 55 just now and try to keep it 32 bit, but that is just my mileage on this.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2017 6:13 AM

On the other note, I prefer to download and save Firefox installer instead of IE 11 because I am not familiar with the keystroke command for saving the file to my machine. I appreciate your response. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

On 10/7/2017 10:04 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:

Yes both standard windows type commands, nothing to do with nvda. I was trying to figure if he perhaps wanted something else.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2017 8:57 PM