Nvda problem in Word

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi group,

a friend of mine has a problem in word.

Here is, what he wrote:

Hello fans. With NVDA I have a problem when moving in Word. When I open a document and start to move it letter by letter, word by word, by sentence or paragraph by paragraph, and NVDA often reads text twice. E.g. when I move the letters and say, need space, so sometimes when you press the left or right arrow tells the gap again, even if there is already another character. When you press the keyboard shortcut that reads a character on which the navigator object within the review cursor, to the sign reads. Or when you press the left and right arrow so it repeats the letter, which was the first down arrow. Do you know what it could be? I tried to run NVDA and accessories are prohibited, but it did not help. I have Microsoft Office 2013 and NVDA 2019.2. Michal health.

--
Jarek

Luke Davis

What does this part mean?

Here is, what he wrote:

[...]

He would like to read every text once, not twice, but Nvda reads him every letter twice in word.

Jarek

What does this part mean?

Here is, what he wrote:

Hello fans. With NVDA I have a problem when moving in Word. When I open a document and start to move it letter by letter, word by word, by sentence or paragraph by paragraph, and NVDA often reads text twice. E.g. when I move the letters and say, need space, so sometimes when you press the left or right arrow tells the gap again, even if there is already another character. When you press the keyboard shortcut that reads a character on which the navigator object within the review cursor, to the sign reads. Or when you press the left and right arrow so it repeats the letter, which was the first down arrow. Do you know what it could be? I tried to run NVDA and accessories are prohibited, but it did not help. I have Microsoft Office 2013 and NVDA 2019.2. Michal health.

Luke Davis

Yes I realize that. But I don't understand the part about "accessories are prohibited".

Luke

Here is, what he wrote:
Hello fans. With NVDA I have a problem when moving in Word. When I open a document and start to move it letter by letter, word by word, by sentence or paragraph by paragraph, and NVDA often reads text twice. E.g. when I move the letters and say, need space, so sometimes when you press the left or right arrow tells the gap again, even if there is already another character. When you press the keyboard shortcut that reads a character on which the navigator object within the review cursor, to the sign reads. Or when you press the left and right arrow so it repeats the letter, which was the first down arrow. Do you know what it could be? I tried to run NVDA and accessories are prohibited, but it did not help. I have Microsoft Office 2013 and NVDA 2019.2. Michal health.

--
Luke Davis

My guess is that accessories is the incorrect term for add-ons.

Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:43 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Nvda problem in Word

He would like to read every text once, not twice, but Nvda reads him
every letter twice in word.

Jarek

Dne 21.11.2019 v 8:38 Luke Davis napsal(a):
> What does this part mean?
>
> "I tried to run NVDA and accessories are prohibited, but it did not help"
>

> On Thu, 21 Nov 2019, Jarek.Krcmar wrote:
>
>> Hi group,
>>
>> a friend of mine has a problem in word.
>>
>> Here is, what he wrote:
>>

>> Hello fans. With NVDA I have a problem when moving in Word. When I
>> open a document and start to move it letter by letter, word by word,
>> by sentence or paragraph by paragraph, and NVDA often reads text
>> twice. E.g. when I move the letters and say, need space, so sometimes
>> when you press the left or right arrow tells the gap again, even if
>> there is already another character. When you press the keyboard
>> shortcut that reads a character on which the navigator object within
>> the review cursor, to the sign reads. Or when you press the left and
>> right arrow so it repeats the letter, which was the first down arrow.
>> Do you know what it could be? I tried to run NVDA and accessories are
>> prohibited, but it did not help. I have Microsoft Office 2013 and
>> NVDA 2019.2. Michal health.

Quentin Christensen

I can't think of a reason for this happening, but a couple of things to possibly try:
1. Is it happening in all Word documents?  IF you create a blank document, type a line of text and arrow through it, does it recur?
2. If you've recently updated anything (NVDA, Office, Windows, etc), try going to the Windows shut down menu and restarting Windows.
3. Try restarting NVDA with add-ons disabled.  Press NVDA+Q then down arrow to "Restart NVDA with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER" (as others have speculated, that may be what was meant by accessories being disabled, but I thought I'd mention it just in case).

If neither of those help, if you could send info@... the following:

1) Description of the problem and your system (Versions of Windows, Office, NVDA etc)
2) A debug log of the issue: Press NVDA+control+g to open the general options and TAB to "log level".  Set this to "Debug" and press OK.  Recreate the issue in Word, then press NVDA+F1 to open the log viewer, press control+a to select all, control+c to copy, go back to your email and press control+v to paste it into the email to us.
3) If you can attach the Word document it is occuring in, we can have a look at that.

Kind regards

Quentin.

Here is, what he wrote:

[...]

Training and Support Manager

I have found that office can sometimes corrupt itself.

At first glance try a quick repair of office from programs and features.

That usually gets it working.

If not, try a full repair.

You will need to reenter your activation again or key but it should be fine.

If you have used the old file converter pack note that past 2010 version of office it may not work.

office 2013 will probably still work but anything over that and you can forget it.