New blind users group


Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related. Life issues, Computer issues, Tech in general. Basically if it has to do with blindness in any way it is allowed.


blind-users@groups.io


I have seen other posts  like this but if it is not allowed I apoligize.


--
Sincerely: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526

--


Antony Stone
 

You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.
--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Sure, This one is a free for all group. No limits on what you can ask. No heavy handed moderators. Vent if you need too. Ask for help if you need it. discuss politics as they pertain to blindness. I havent come across a group like this so I started one. :)  On 10/10/2017 6:24 PM, Antony Stone wrote:

You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.
--
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


Randy Barnett <randy@...>
 

Correction for subscribing:
Blind-users+subscribe@groups.io

On 10/10/2017 6:36 PM, Randy Barnett wrote:

Sure, This one is a free for all group. No limits on what you can ask. No heavy handed moderators. Vent if you need too. Ask for help if you need it. discuss politics as they pertain to blindness. I havent come across a group like this so I started one. :)  On 10/10/2017 6:24 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.



-- 
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.
707-502-5575
1897 SE Dr.
Grants Pass, Or. 97526


 

I agree we really don't there are enough groups via email.

Now if you really want to start a descussion group skype may work, actually if you don't mind going to forum.audiogames.net and making threads for various things and that works to.

Its not a group but your topics will live and die and I may even reply to it, we have covered a lot of things from life to tech and right now we are covering things we miss from before the net.

On 11/10/2017 2:24 p.m., Antony Stone wrote:
You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.


Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
 

Well, if more people used Usenet which has free servers all over the world still, then there are several on there underused still.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New blind users group


You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.
--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.


 

Hi. You mentioned Usernet. I've been interested in trying it out. Can you give me directions on how to use it? Sorry if this is off-topic. Thanks.

On 10/11/2017 5:04 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well, if more people used Usenet which has free servers all over the world still, then there are several on there underused still.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Antony Stone" <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:24 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New blind users group


You're welcome to start another discussion group, but I would ask - do we
*really* need *another* one?


Antony.

On Wednesday 11 October 2017 at 03:10:11, Randy Barnett wrote:

Hi, I started a group that is for discussion anything blind related.
--
I want to build a machine that will be proud of me.

- Danny Hillis, creator of The Connection Machine

                                                  Please reply to the list;
                                                        please *don't* CC me.