Mail Program Suggestions

Earle Zwicker

Just wondering what programs people are using for mail? I have Windows 10 creater, and I still haven't found something I'm completely happy with.

I've tried Thunder bird, but found it to be a bit sluggish.

I've also tried the mail program that's built in, but for some reason message threads are open by default, and I don't see an option to change this behaviour.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix these problems, or another email program, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Randy Barnett <randy@...>

Some people are still useing Outlook express. It is being kept alive by someone out there... Just google it.

--
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Earl,

In the mail app you have to go to settings to turn off conversation mode. As
far as mail programs, I'm using outlook 2013.

Rosemarie

Just wondering what programs people are using for mail? I have Windows 10
creater, and I still haven't found something I'm completely happy with.

I've tried Thunder bird, but found it to be a bit sluggish.

I've also tried the mail program that's built in, but for some reason
message threads are open by default, and I don't see an option to change
this behaviour.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix these problems, or another
email program, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can
give me.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Googling may not give you enough information about the modified version that runs in higher versions of Windows.  Many people have problems with Outlook Express in Windows 7 and higher.  You can play with the version that has been modified to work in higher versions of Windows but whether you have problems that amount to anything is something you'll have to see.  For many users, I see no reason to cling to this old e-mail program with other good alternatives unless you put a lot of importance on identities.  If you have a lot of folders and want to use first letter navigation, that may be another reason to use Outlook Express but you may have problems ranging from DBX corruption to others which may or may not be easy to solve.

As far as identities are concerned, I haven't worked with identities and I can't comment on where they might be useful.

The modified Outlook Express is put out by a person and the person is now asking for "donations" because he can't legally charge for a program he doesn't own.  If you want to try an older free version before the person decided to ask for "donations", you can download a free version at the Whitestick site.  I'll check and provide the link if you have questions.

But if you don't want to fool around with Outlook Express, you may find Windows Live Mail to be a good option.  Some people have a crashing problem with the program but many people don't.  I've been using it for many years and I'm very satisfied with it.  There is an older menu version and a newer ribbon version.  I don't think I have information about where to get the newer ribbon version but one or more people on the list do.  I do have information about where to get the older menu version, if desired.

Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Mail Program Suggestions

--
Sincereley: Randy Barnett
Owner of Soundtique.

Brian's Mail list account

Can one purchase Outlook on its own?
I of course being the oddball person I am have the tweaked Outlook express, but I'll not go into why yet again as others think I'm mad!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Just wondering what programs people are using for mail? I have Windows 10 creater, and I still haven't found something I'm completely happy with.

I've tried Thunder bird, but found it to be a bit sluggish.

I've also tried the mail program that's built in, but for some reason message threads are open by default, and I don't see an option to change this behaviour.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix these problems, or another email program, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Hello Earl! I also use the latest version of Windows 10. I used to use Windows Live Mail in the past. Now I use Mozilla Thunderbird and Mail from Windows 10 and I'm happy using them. However, if you wanna use something else, just search on Google another mail client.
Cheers,
Florian

Chris Mullins

Hi Earl
In the W10 Mail app, activate settings and in the Reading sub-category
there is a toggle button to turn conversation mode on or off Also in the
main window, expand the filter and you can choose to sort mail items by date
or name.

Cheers
Chris

Just wondering what programs people are using for mail? I have Windows 10
creater, and I still haven't found something I'm completely happy with.

I've tried Thunder bird, but found it to be a bit sluggish.

I've also tried the mail program that's built in, but for some reason
message threads are open by default, and I don't see an option to change
this behaviour.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix these problems, or another
email program, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can
give me.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

If anyone wants to use Windows Live Mail 2012, the final version (and I do mean that literally), I downloaded Microsoft Essentials about 1 week before it was pulled from the Microsoft site.  You can pick and choose among the programs that make up the suite and install only WLM 2012.

The file, in 7zip format, can be downloaded from my Google Drive, here.

            Niels Bohr

iips file preview is having a problem reconnecting

I can't get to the file to down load it

On 10/12/2017 7:16 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
If anyone wants to use Windows Live Mail 2012, the final version (and I do mean that literally), I downloaded Microsoft Essentials about 1 week before it was pulled from the Microsoft site.  You can pick and choose among the programs that make up the suite and install only WLM 2012.

The file, in 7zip format, can be downloaded from my Google Drive, here.

            Niels Bohr

Rosemarie Chavarria

I think you still can purchase outlook alone. That's what I did.

Just wondering what programs people are using for mail? I have Windows 10
creater, and I still haven't found something I'm completely happy with.

I've tried Thunder bird, but found it to be a bit sluggish.

I've also tried the mail program that's built in, but for some reason
message threads are open by default, and I don't see an option to change
this behaviour.

So if anyone has any suggestions on how I can fix these problems, or another

email program, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for any help you can
give me.

Earle

Sent from my iPhone

Google Drive throws that warning page for 7Zip files since there is no way to preview them.  There is a Download button which, if activated, takes you here:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B98uELZbPFnOOUtTT3Eyc041T1E&export=download

You'll be warned the file is too large for Google to virus scan.  Activate the "Download Anyway" button if you want to complete the download.

            Niels Bohr

The link to purchase standalone Outlook 2016 for PC, at $109.99, is https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=619343

            Niels Bohr

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

Thanks so much for the link for purchasing stand-alone outlook. When I bought my copy of outlook 2013, I happened to see it at Staples.

Rosemarie