New version of espeak NG

Marco Oros

Hi!
I know, that some people dislike Espeak, but I have a question.
Have You update Espeak NG in the next version of NVDA to the new version?
I don't know, where to ask this question, so I rather ask It here.
There are also new languages too, some inprovements for another languages also.
Thank You.
Marco Oros

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I just had a look at the master snapshot whats new section and it mentions.

• Espeak-ng has been updated (to commit 01919cd48a566cdf34347784b2e74554b376e900), this resolves some issues with producing release builds. (#7385)

it does not mention any thing about new languages yet but there is still a few weeks to go before they lock it down where noting gets added.

Gene nz

On 10/12/2017 10:25 AM, Marco Oros wrote:
Hi!
I know, that some people dislike Espeak, but I have a question.
Have You update Espeak NG in the next version of NVDA to the new version?
I don't know, where to ask this question, so I rather ask It here.
There are also new languages too, some inprovements for another languages also.
Thank You.
Marco Oros

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

In the latest master and next snaps the version is later, certainly. there are a few pronunciation issues I'm not happy with in UK English myself, but nothing that I could not fix in a dictionary.
It does on some sound hardware sometimes truncate a word. its hard to pin this one down though as its there then its gone again.

Apart from those two specifics, Espeak NG seems much the same as before.

However there is an issue when you update from the old stable version that the voice dictionary gets lost due to the UK name having changed of the file. You can go in and hot wire it by renaming it of course but I'm given to understand the devs are trying to make detection automatic so it acts in a seamless way on the update.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-