Topics

voice related

ADRIAN POCOCK

voice related

For other options, you would need to download the speech packages from Microsoft Web site.

This is taken directly from the user guide:

13.5. Windows OneCore Voices

Windows 10 includes new voices known as "OneCore" or "mobile" voices. Voices are provided for many languages, and they are more responsive than the Microsoft voices available using Microsoft Speech API version 5.

Please see this Microsoft article for a list of available voices and instructions to install them:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/22797/windows-10-narrator-tts-voices

Please note that the faster rates available with Narrator are not currently available with NVDA. Also, the speed you select in the Windows Settings affects the rate set in NVDA. These are issues we cannot resolve without changes to Windows. We are hopeful that these will be addressed in a future Windows update.