Sent: Friday, October 20, 2017 2:23 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Responsiveness

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say "pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.

hello.
your third issue is resolved and be available in nvda 2017.4
your first question, i desabled desplaying images and javascript, i
dont keep history and dont make bookmark and dont have this issue most
of times.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 10/21/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I don't know why the third problem occurs but others can explain it from a
technical standpoint but the problem is known. If I have to unload NVDA for
some reason and I'm using a browser, I book mark the page I'm working with
at times so I can close the browser, reopen it after running NVDA, then
return to the page. Or I might use history to return to the page. But at
times, it's easier to create a book mark and at times, depending on how you
get to a web page, it may not be in history. So I make a book markat times,
then delete it when no longer needed. I believe this problem will be
corrected in upcoming production versions of NVDA.

I think the other problems reflect problems with your system but I don't
know enough technically to say much about them.

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several
seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say
"pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload
NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus
mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account

Lots of people say they have the firefox problem and steps are underway to fix it. if you go away from firefox and then come back does this fix the problem?
Sometimes Firefox's focus and nvdas way of obtaining it can be a bit flaky, especially on the 64 bit version of ff57.

As for the freezes, I've noticed this on windows 7, and I suspect its a max out of the processor core nvda is using. Being a dynamic issue its hard to pin it down.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say "pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.

Gene

I doubt this problem is limited to Firefox.  It would probably occur with any browser.  There is no solution except to close and reopen the browser.  Another list member said this problem would be fixed and I've seen that elsewhere as well.

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several
seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say
"pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload
NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus
mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.

kelby carlson

Yes, tabbing in and out works.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 21, 2017, at 6:01 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I doubt this problem is limited to Firefox.  It would probably occur with any browser.  There is no solution except to close and reopen the browser.  Another list member said this problem would be fixed and I've seen that elsewhere as well.

I have a few questions related to NVDA's responsiveness:

Sometimes, particularly when I'm on a webpage, NVDA just freezes for several
seconds. I have no idea why, and it doesn't seem to be happening with JAWS.

Likewise, NVDA will randomly jump focus from the window I'm in and just say
"pane"; I then have to close that window to get back to where I was.

Finally, if I have a page open in Firefox and unload NVDA, once I reload
NVDA I can no longer read the page; it is as if NVDA only stays in focus
mode.

Using NVDA 2017.3 on Windows 10.

Gene

Do you mean alt tabbing in and out of the program Window?  It hasn't worked any time I've had the problem, as I recall.  I've had to close and restart the browser.