From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Metzler
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2017 10:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] test

Hi All,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I have not tried this, but does this email client have any way to segregate other accounts like Outlook Express has, ie identities or are we back to that pesky tree view Live mail gave us again.
Also do they support Usenet groups or not in this latest invocation of free email?

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>

Thanks Rosemary.
I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gary,

What I did to hear the keys spoken was to hit the alt key. It says "lower ribbon reply control R". Then I hit enter on a message to reply and heard the keys spoken.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Gene

Why is the question being asked in the first place?  Unless you have NVDA set to speak keys such as control, shift, the arrow keys, etc. you won't hear such commands spoken at any time.  You know from the response of programs what is occurring.  If the reply message opens, NVDA will say something that will tell you that a reply message has opened.  If you hear nothing or somethin incorrect, you have issued the wrong command or the command didn't work properly.  When I issue a command that should result in something being spoken, I don't continue until I hear the start of the speech confirming the command.  If I do, I might start writing a message before the program is ready to receive it or take an action in another program before the program is ready to take the action.  Being excessively dependent on hearing keys announced and basing what you do on hearing keys announced rather than the response of Windows or the program you are working in isn't a good way to work with Windows or programs.  I don't have such keys announced, which is the default, because it wouldn't benefit me in any way to hear them announced.  Even if I did hear them announced, I wouldn't take actions until the program indicated that it was ready to have actions taken.

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>

Hi Rosemary,

I tried it.    Do I hit the alt key when the message is open?  Also, is there a way to empty the trash folder like in wlm?  Thanks for all your help.

What I did to hear the keys spoken was to hit the alt key. It says "lower ribbon reply control R". Then I hit enter on a message to reply and heard the keys spoken.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

David Griffith

In Windows Mail like in Outlook pressing control Y will put you in a tree view of folders, including deleted folder.

You can select all and press delete   in that folder as usual.

David griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

I tried it.    Do I hit the alt key when the message is open?  Also, is there a way to empty the trash folder like in wlm?  Thanks for all your help.

What I did to hear the keys spoken was to hit the alt key. It says "lower ribbon reply control R". Then I hit enter on a message to reply and heard the keys spoken.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Gene

If this point is unclear, I'm not saying a program will say something like reply message ready.  But it will indicate in some reliable way that it is ready.  When I issue the reply command using Windows Live Mail, I hear the subject line start to be announced when the reply window has opened and the program is ready for me to start typing a message.  Since subject lines in replies say re: at the start of the line, if I hear re, I know I can start typing a message.  I don't jump the instant I hear re and start typing necessarily.  I don't want to make writing messages a nerve-wracking experience where I tensely wait for a word and then respond as quickly as is humaly possible.  I start hearing the subject line, then I start to write when I'm comfortable doing so in terms of the speed of my response.  I may hear one or two words of the subject line read.  I may not type at all for a bit because I'm thinking of what I'll say and how I'll say it.  Just as when I send a message, I don't hear the command alt s spoken nor would it benefit me to hear it.  I wait until I hear the message information start to be read which tells me that I am back either in the message window that I am replying to or that tells me that I am back in the message list, depending on where I was when I replied to or started a new message.  it's the response that matters, not whether you hear a command announced.

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Rosemarie Chavarria

Yes, you hit the alt key when the message is open.

I tried it.    Do I hit the alt key when the message is open?  Also, is there a way to empty the trash folder like in wlm?  Thanks for all your help.

What I did to hear the keys spoken was to hit the alt key. It says "lower ribbon reply control R". Then I hit enter on a message to reply and heard the keys spoken.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

I have a question.  When using the mail app and I reply to a message using ctrl r I don’t hear the keys spoken.  Is this normal behavior?  Thanks,

I am writing this message in the win10 mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

With all due respect, the person asking the question is asking about the mail app which works a bit differently than other programs. He wasn't asking about windows live mail or other programs.

Rosemarie

[...]

I know but what he said is that when he uses the command control r to reply, he doesn't hear the command spoken.  I'm saying that it doesn't matter if you hear the command control r spoken.  If he is discussing something else, what is it?  I don't use the mail app but until I hear further, I will assume that control r is the reply short cut command because that command is so standard in Windows e-mail programs.  Is there some other problem such as that when using the command, you don't hear something like the re subject line spoken to tell you that the command has been executed?

[...]

In the mail app, if you try typing something after hitting control R, you get a message that says something like "no document". You either have to shift tab to the subject line and tab back to the edit field for replying or hit the alt key and enter to hear the subject line.

I hope this clarifies things a little better for you.

Rosemarie

[...]

Yes, and if that is what the person was asking about, that is good information.  If I were using the app, I'd use control r, then press alt twice, at least that's what I think I would do, not having used the program.

[...]

Yes, that is what he was asking about. I'm glad I was able to clarify this for you.

[...]

David Moore

I use the mail app all the time, and I do the same thing.

CTRL+R and hitting alt twice, always does the trick.

You guys are right!

Thanks for clearing that up, because I love using the mail app, but it does have a few little kinks like that LOL!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Hi Gene,

I guess we take things for granted.  I just hit ctrl r to reply to this message and I didn’t hear it spoken.

[...]

Hi David,

So, in the mail app there is no way to have the trash folder emptied when exiting the progam like in wlm?  Thanks for any help.

[...]

No, there is not!

You have to enter on the trash folder, and select all messages, and press delete.

[...]

Thanks for the info.

I am replying  to this message using the mail app.

Regards, Gary kn4ox