read non linked text bug?, was: bug in browsemode

Martin Thomas Swaton

Hello again,

any further ideas on that problem or how it could be fixed?

I am happy to assist in any way to get NVDA to read non linked text stable - it really should not skip such blocks randomly.

best regards

Martin

Am 02.10.2017 um 21:27 schrieb Martin Thomas Swaton:

Hi,

I guess I discovered a bug in the behaviour of nvda in the browsemode.

using the shortcut "n" to jump to the next unlinked text on a website does not work correctly when there are special characters in a text line.

steps to reproduce:

e.g. go to m.facebook website -> messages -> friend-name

to open a thread.

in this thread you can jump to the text you and your friend wrote

if you type "*smile*"

or similar on a line

this line will be ignored by "n" and you will jump directly to the next "normal" textline.

This should absolutely not be the case, as you miss normal text because of this bug.

a second problem with "n" is, that not the whole text block is read on this keypress - but the next "n" press jumps to the next block of text and does not read the rest of the current block

because of this second block you always only hear the first line of a textblock when using "n"

so you cannot read a text with this shortcut, you only get the dirst line of every block and then have to use other reading shortcuts to read on, which does not make any sense.

hope this two bugs can be confirmed and hopefully be fixed

cheers

Martin