From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Shook
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 6:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Windows 10

Hi,
Has anyone else noticed after the upgrade that when you start your computer
you have to type in the password twice?
I don't think it is, but is this a problem caused by NVDA?
If not, does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks
Chris

Michal Rada

It may be unsolved feeling of new locking screen. Are you sure you MUST enter password? Please be carefully, it must says that now its time to enter password.

Now you must press two keys, first for switching from first screen to lock screen and second to switch focus to password or PIN field. I recommend CTRL key because it has no other function here.

Dne 23.10.2017 v 19:29 Rosemarie Chavarria napsal(a):

I only have to type in my password one time after starting the computer.

Has anyone else noticed after the upgrade that when you start your computer
you have to type in the password twice?
I don't think it is, but is this a problem caused by NVDA?
If not, does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks
Chris

Giles Turnbull

I've never experienced that myself on the one laptop and two tablet devices all running Win10 that I use. One thing I did discover is that when NVDA says enter pin on the one tablet I have a pin rather than a password login, if I press the num lock key it drops me straight into the text box for the pin, and it does on the other tablet that uses a password, which is a handy shortcut. If I try tabbing to the text box it takes a couple of presses to get into the text box.