more on the error message

I am also getting this message
nvda_slave.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll graphic 775  is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this

problem.
OK
what the heck got screwed up here?
thanks
Hank

hello.
which version of nvda do you want to install?

i heard this problem occures in windows xp using nvda 2017.4
snapshots, masters, etc.

On 10/30/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I am also getting this message
nvda_slave.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll
graphic 775  is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program
to fix this

problem.
OK
what the heck got screwed up here?
thanks
Hank

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account

What OS are other screenreaders installed and have you been updating a very very long time. Does this happen on the installer itself running from the archive, if not then here is what I've done in the past for apparently nonsensical issues like this.
Using a running portable copy, download the version of nvda you want to install from the web site.
Then go to the installed folder the one where all 32 bit software is.
Remove all the files except the system config file.
If you cannot remove any due to them being locked, then restart the computer and restart the temp copy and try again.
Then run the archive you downloaded and let it install.
Inn most cases this seems to work, but if it fails I think somebody with more knowledge of what might be going on is required here.
Also, remember to check all your settings add ons and configs, then copy them using the button on the general settings dialogue so the system configs agree.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll graphic 775 is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this

problem.
OK
what the heck got screwed up here?
thanks
Hank

2017.3

On 10/30/2017 12:31 AM, zahra wrote:
hello.
which version of nvda do you want to install?

i heard this problem occures in windows xp using nvda 2017.4
snapshots, masters, etc.

On 10/30/17, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
I am also getting this message
nvda_slave.exe - System Error
The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-rtlsupport-l1-2-0.dll
graphic 775  is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program
to fix this

problem.
OK
what the heck got screwed up here?
thanks
Hank

windows7

all updates have been applied

only other screen reader I have on here is jaws

On 10/30/2017 3:14 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "The Wolf" <hank.smith966@...>