Using NVDA with Pontes Media Downloader

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.  However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA, and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?

--
Rich De Steno

Hareth <hareth4m@...>

Hi Rich,
I select the preferred file format by tabbing one time after opening
the app, there's a list of 15 choices, then I shift tab and put the
URL.
does the app version has something to do with what you get?
I have the V2.9.5 something.
If it still not working with you, I can send you the one I have.
Best

On 11/1/17, Rich De Steno <ironrock@...> wrote:
I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.
However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no
matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA,
and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?

--
Rich De Steno

Rich De Steno <ironrock@...>

Hi Hareth:

I downloaded another copy of Pontes and reinstalled the program, and it seems to work fine now.  I was not getting the file types before, but they come up easily now.  Thanks.

On 10/31/2017 8:45 PM, Hareth wrote:
[...]

Hi Rich, Glad it worked for you.

[...]

Bobby Vinton <vinton.bobby5277@...>

Hay I was wondering if pontes media down loader still updates?  I Would love to use it butt when I try to down load play lists it crashes.  That’s why I am asking

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

> I downloaded another copy of Pontes and reinstalled the program, and it

> seems to work fine now.  I was not getting the file types before, but

> they come up easily now.  Thanks.

> On 10/31/2017 8:45 PM, Hareth wrote:

>> Hi Rich,

>> I select the preferred file format by tabbing one time after opening

>> the app, there's a list of 15 choices, then I shift tab and put the

>> URL.

>> does the app version has something to do with what you get?

>> I have the V2.9.5 something.

>> If it still not working with you, I can send you the one I have.

>> Best

>> On 11/1/17, Rich De Steno <ironrock@...> wrote:

>>> I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.

>>> However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no

>>> matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA,

>>> and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?

>>> --

>>> Rich De Steno

> --

> Rich De Steno

Ron Canazzi

Hi Rich,

I am using Pontes Media Downloader with NVDA 2017.3 and  have had no issue on Windows 7, 8 and 10.  When you launch the program, it comes up by default with the URL field.  Tab once and use up/down arrow keys to select a file format.  That's the way I've been doing it for about 2 years now.

On 10/31/2017 7:51 PM, Rich De Steno wrote:
I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.  However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA, and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Hello guys, I haven't known up to now that Pontes Media Downloader is a known software out of Romania. Anyway, I'm glad to see that.
I can say that I also have this problem when using Pontes Media Downloader. When I'm focused on that combo box, its options aren't read by NVDA.
Regarding the download of playlists, I can confirm the crashes of the program.
As I remember, Bobby wondered if the software is still updating. Bobby, unfortunately it isn't. The latest version available on www.pontes.ro was released on October 28, 2014. There is a topic about this software on the Pontes Forum, but it's in Romanian, not in English. I'm thinking to write about this bug there.
Cheers,
Florian

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

It doesn't offer you the ability to change file formats, but you can use youtube downloader located at:

http://www.softcon.com/ytdlui.html

to download youtube videos, and other url types as well.  The documentation has pointers where to get the programs that do the various functions, (some of which are the same programs ponts downloader uses.  I've not been asked for it, but I can certainly look into adding format options to the download options.  I was thinking of adding mp3 format as an option anyhow with the next update.

On 10/31/2017 8:45 PM, Hareth wrote:
Hi Rich,
I select the preferred file format by tabbing one time after opening
the app, there's a list of 15 choices, then I shift tab and put the
URL.
does the app version has something to do with what you get?
I have the V2.9.5 something.
If it still not working with you, I can send you the one I have.
Best

On 11/1/17, Rich De Steno <ironrock@...> wrote:
I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.
However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no
matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA,
and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?

--
Rich De Steno

David Griffith

Dear travis

I have downloaded your program but I don’t appear to have the knowledge or skills to find the youtube.dll file on the page you point to in the Help file.

I downloaded a file called youtube_dl but it was not at all clear what I should do  with it. I tried renaming it  to a dll file which did not  appear to do anything.

I then downloaded and exe file from the same site which again appeared to do nothing. I then tried extracting the exe file and whilst loads of stuff came out I could find no dll files in this.

I then consulted the download help which seemed to indicate that you needed to be programming in Python in order to use the downloads. Is this right or is there a link for just the YouTube.dll fileanywhere?

Tghanks

David Griffith

I went back to the page you pointed to and did a page search for dll  but came up with no results.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

It doesn't offer you the ability to change file formats, but you can use

youtube downloader located at:

http://www.softcon.com/ytdlui.html

to download youtube videos, and other url types as well.  The

documentation has pointers where to get the programs that do the various

functions, (some of which are the same programs ponts downloader uses.

I've not been asked for it, but I can certainly look into adding format

options to the download options.  I was thinking of adding mp3 format as

an option anyhow with the next update.

On 10/31/2017 8:45 PM, Hareth wrote:

> Hi Rich,

> I select the preferred file format by tabbing one time after opening

> the app, there's a list of 15 choices, then I shift tab and put the

> URL.

> does the app version has something to do with what you get?

> I have the V2.9.5 something.

> If it still not working with you, I can send you the one I have.

> Best

> On 11/1/17, Rich De Steno <ironrock@...> wrote:

>> I am trying Pontes Media Downloader based on various recommendations.

>> However, I cannot read the download file format options with NVDA no

>> matter what I do.  Is anyone using this program successfully with NVDA,

>> and if so, how do you select file formats with the keyboard?

>> --

>> Rich De Steno

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

after you download the youtube-dl program, extract it, then simply copy the youtube-dl.exe file into the same directory that contains ytdlui and everything will work just fine.  If you want to use web downloading in general, then grap wget and place the wget.exe into the same directory as well, and again, all works just fine.

I don't call dlls, but the youtube-dl.exe program directly, that's the only program you need.  Just make it's the actual executable, and not the install program.
That's all there is to it.
I would include said programs with ytdlui myself, but that would require me to add all kinds of stuff to my documentation, and also it would kind of defeat the whole purpose of ytdlui in the first place.