Updated In-Process

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what happened with my link in the last message, but here is an updated link to an updated post - I've included links to some of the fantastic community contributions we got for Halloween!  Feel free to join in and I'll update the post again as needed:

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

hello quentin.
did you read my comment in your previous email?
i opened the link without any problem, you did not tell me whats the
meaning of Halloween
God bless you and his infinite mercy i pray for you!!

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure what happened with my link in the last message, but here is an
updated link to an updated post - I've included links to some of the
fantastic community contributions we got for Halloween! Feel free to join
in and I'll update the post again as needed:

https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-halloween-2017-edition/

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Zarah

It has nothing with the nvda in particular, it just that normally Halloween is festival or observant of the traditional during the eve of November. To make it clear what exactly is the Halloween here is the link for your reference.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Robert Mendoza

On 11/1/2017 2:19 PM, zahra wrote:
[...]

hello robert.
thanks so much for your information and God bless you!

On 11/1/17, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account

I think a lot of people in the west assume that everyone knows such things. Its a weird combination of holy day, some pagan bad spirits day and commercial companies hi jacking it all to make money, IE the sell things to dress up as monsters spirits and sundry other nasty looking things and then sell everyone pumpkins which they then destroy to put candles in and not eat. They then force everyone to buy sweets and candy to give out to children who come to doors demanding them on the evening of the 31st October and if they don't get one they play some stupid practical joke on you.
I know it sounds mad, and indeed it probably is, but probably harmless in the long run.

If an alien came down and visited the US on Halloween they would go back totally confused.
grin.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Hi Zahra,

My apologies, I got distracted by my link not working and hadn't read all the way through the original thread until this morning.  I had just replied about Halloween, but I see others have here also so I'm glad you at least got the information!

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 5:19 PM, zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
hello quentin.
did you read my comment in your previous email?
i opened the link without any problem, you did not tell me whats the
meaning of Halloween
God bless you and his infinite mercy i pray for you!!

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm not sure what happened with my link in the last message, but here is an
> updated link to an updated post - I've included links to some of the
> fantastic community contributions we got for Halloween!  Feel free to join
> in and I'll update the post again as needed:
>
> https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-halloween-2017-edition/
>
> Kind regards
>
> Quentin.
>
> --
> Quentin Christensen
> Training and Support Manager
>
> Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available:
> http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/
>
> www.nvaccess.org
> Twitter: @NVAccess

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Brian that's probably a better account than mine!

I think so many of these festivals, we in the West lose what it was originally about and turn it into a commercial endeavour simply to sell things and eat food.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 2:51 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
[...]

in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>
[...]

hi brian.
thanks so much for your informations.
giving sweets and candy is beautiful, in islam is many narrations
about making people happy and helping others.

bglists@...> wrote:

[...]

I think its been hi jacked though to make it a money making device for large companies. That is my thought anyway!
[...]

Well since we are talking about that, when I was yung, the naibourhood was all set up, treats, sweets, fruit and artwork were the thing no randomness.

Later on when I got older the pasta disco parties, etc.

But just like the bbq on guyfalks night, with cash, people working and at school, it all went to the dogs as they say.

We used helloween as a party not as the actual thing.

We should probably use it to donate to the poor, I have religious friends that don't believe in magic and find it disgusting.

Others think its a waste of cash.

And to be honest just like fireworks night I have grown out of it.

THe origonal nabours are gone, and a lot of chinese, indian, maori and chinese have taken their place.

The community here is as dead as a zombie, we know a few people but everyone has their lives bar those that don't and get the cops about, however the only people I know are those I use for emergencies and thats not many.

It was fun when it lasted, but it like fireworks night wastes a lot of cash, even easter and christmas have been dumbed down a lot.

A lot of stuff changes when you stop being a kid including but not limited to, echonomic changes and family devisions, etc.

On the 31st in fact, bar a few fan radio dramas, online and only 5 I noted, all the local tv stations didn't have a program, and no standard government controled stations, there were a few masks in shops but not much.

Its an old tradition, its meaning is mostly lost now.

Then again, if you have a supportive community about that wants some sort of event any of those days helloween especially since its just a random day with anything going in it can be used for whatever event you wish or need doesn't have to be standard.

On 2/11/2017 9:56 p.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

I never grew into it in the first place. Its always seemed a money making opportunity, just like all these special days of the year are.

But here in a democracy, its entirirely up to the individual.
Off topic though.