From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: 02 November 2017 14:04
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: question

I think the tutorial I read was a different one. It was the one about basics of the DC reader with NVDA, not specifically about large documents. I’ll have to look at yours as well. Thanks.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 2, 2017, at 5:54 AM, Lanie Molinar <laniemolinar91@...> wrote:

Hi. Single page is still preferred. I'm the one who wrote the tutorial about reading large documents that Gene mentioned. I thought I included that, but I apologize if I didn't.

On 11/2/2017 7:38 AM, Mary Otten wrote:

Hi Jean,
Very nice short tutorial. I do have one question. You talk about the various page display options. Is there one that is preferred for Screenwitter users? It seems to me this used to be the case, and I think it was single page. But that may have changed.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 2, 2017, at 1:05 AM, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:

Hi guys

Recently updated: How to use the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC PDF viewer (the basics) with NVDA
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

There is 2 written tutorials and a audio tutorial.

One of the written tutorials is called Reading Large Documents in Adobe Reader with Screen Readers by Lanie Molinar

Gene nz

Recently updated to accessibilitycentral.net

Added information on how to navigate the weather app in Windows 10 with NVDA (NVDA tutorials for other programs page)
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

Added information on accessibility features to look out for on TVs (Let's Go Shopping page) http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/lets%20go%20shopping.html

Added what to do if you get the message remote content has been blocked (Accessible Email Client Mozilla Thunderbird page) http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

Added a tutorial (by Tony Ballou) called Creating exclusion's in Malware Bytes (to the How to navigate Malwarebytes Anti-Malware with NVDA page - off the NVDA tutorials for other programs page)Added a tutorial to the NVDA tutorials for other programs page on how to use Winrar with the NVDA screen reader (by Travis Siegel) http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

If you would like to see what else has been recently updated, please visit the main homepage for accessibilitycentral.net which can be found at the following link http://accessibilitycentral.net/

David Griffith

The pass through key is most often used when a web page or an application wants access to keystrokes which the Screenreader would normally reserve for itself.

The clearest example I can think of is YouTube where pressing K without a screenreader running will pause the video, J will skip back and L will skip forward.

If you want to access these keys function with a screenreader running you need to execute the pass through command first which will mean that the screenreader will ignore the keystroke and pass it straight through to the web page. So with NVDA running on YouTube use the pass through key command and then pressing K should pause the Video.

David Griffith

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Can somebody explain to me the exact use of the below info  please?

Pass next key through

NVDA+f2

Thanks in advance

Anthony

[...]

Tony Ballou

Hi,

The Pass through command will tell NVDA,  to send the next command it receives directly to the application that you are working in.

Tony
On 11/2/2017 9:45 AM, anthony borg wrote:

[...]

hi david.
thanks so much for your information.
i did not know and wished to understand, but did not ask!
God bless you!

<hurrikennyandopo@...<mailto:hurrikennyandopo@...>>
wrote:

Hi guys

Recently updated: How to use the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC PDF viewer (the
basics) with NVDA
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20other%20programs.html

There is 2 written tutorials and a audio tutorial.

One of the written tutorials is called Reading Large Documents in Adobe
Reader with Screen Readers by Lanie
Molinar<Reading%20Large%20Documents%20in%20Adobe%20Reader%20with%20Screen%20Readers%20by%20Lanie%20Molinar>

Gene nz

Recently updated to
accessibilitycentral.net<http://accessibilitycentral.net>

[...]

accessibilitycentral.net<http://accessibilitycentral.net> which can be found
at the following link http://accessibilitycentral.net/

[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New
Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA
screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or
location) is near to you please visit
http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa
People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please
visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The
certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals
from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert
exam.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

anthony borg

Ok thanks for your help.

Anthony

[...]

Thanks very much david for your help.

Regards

Anthony

[...]

lali <l2belteki@...>

Dear All!

    I am triing to programm in python, but I do not know one:

How can I convince python to accept my unicode strings?

Is there an idea for it? I am not good at all the unicode char codes.

Thanks in advance!

I am triing in python 3.

Lajos Belteki

--