From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

hello.
here you are the direct link for firefox esr 32bit the last version of
firefox which contains all security updates until firefox 56
hope that help,
God bless you all!

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.4.1esr/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2052.4.1esr.exe

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).

Gene
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going
to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line
installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody
saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does
this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can
put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff
installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Mary Otten <motten53@...>

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).

Gene
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

I doubt there is much difference.  We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version.  I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions.  But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information.  I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile.