How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Mary Otten <motten53@...>

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Look for Firefox ESR (extended release).

Gene
----- original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:12 AM
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

hello.
here you are the direct link for firefox esr 32bit the last version of
firefox which contains all security updates until firefox 56
hope that help,
God bless you all!

https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/52.4.1esr/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2052.4.1esr.exe

On 11/5/17, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Gene

To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be
automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not going
to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an off-line
installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered somebody
saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding that. Does
this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line installer that I can
put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I want to have stuff
installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org

Mary Otten <motten53@...>

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene
Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

I doubt there is much difference.  We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version.  I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions.  But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information.  I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 11:32 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Gene

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Joe Paton

Hi Mary,

at least, on this system, Jaws and window-eyes failed spectacularly with
the 64-bit FF 52 ESR version. I recall NVDA working better, but I did
not perform in depth evaluations.

32-bit was ok with JFW 20 18 and window-eyes. .

I think there may be trouble ahead with ff 57 or 58, as security
weaknesses are being blocked in the canvas. Don't understand it, don't
even know if it will effect screen readers, but it might.

On Sun, 5 Nov 2017 11:41:06 -0600
"Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

I doubt there is much difference. We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version. I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions. But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information. I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile.

Gene

Subject: Re: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be automatically updated

Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 5, 2017, at 9:17 AM, Gene <gsasner@ripco.com> wrote:

Gene

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I see filehippo say they have it but when I downloaded or tried to yesterday it came up error in zero byte or some such, so maybe the site is maxed out.
I did eventually find it on the Mozilla site but to say its a convoluted process to get at would be an understatement as it seems to exist on an ftp site. Not terribly friendly on that site.
I however still had to turn off the updates completely as it kept wanting to install 56 anyway, so any instructions on how to make it only get security updates would be nice as I do also now have it on an exp machine as tits the last one that will work there.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:12 PM

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

hi.
blocked canvas is for fingerprinting.
it prevents hacking and finding informations from users and there
habits via fingerprinting and prevents spammers, advertisers and
trackers for tracking us!
hope that help, God bless you!

On 11/6/17, Joe Paton <patonplace@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Mary,

I doubt there is much difference. We'll see what others have to say but
if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add
on compatibility with the 64 bit version. I also doubt there is any
significant difference in performance between the two versions. But I'm
basing those opinions and comments on very little information. I remember
when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were
incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for
awhile.

Gene

Subject: Re: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be
automatically updated

Thanks, Jean. I found the 64-bit version, which is what I assume I should
use for new windows 10 64-bit machine.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Subject: [nvda] How to find the stable version of Firefox won’t be
automatically updated

Hi all,
I went looking for the stable version of Firefox, the one that’s not
going to auto update to number 57 when it comes out. I did find an
off-line installer for version 53 on the website. I thought I remembered
somebody saying that version 52 was what I wanted. But I’m not finding
that. Does this go by another name? I’m hoping to find an off-line
installer that I can put on a thumb drive and give to the person that I
want to have stuff installed on this new PC before I bring it home.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

--
we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
best website for studying islamic book in different languages
www.al-islam.org

ERm, well its up to you, but I tend to prefer the 32 bi5t one for stability, but if you have liked 64 bit and get on with it then Its OK, could cause issues if you change versions.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:32 PM

Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Well if you read the debate, you will see I tested a beta and could not even find out how to turn on the ability to interact with anything but the menu bar in 57. I just don't have the patience to faff about in partly accessible dialogues while unknown is spouted all the time and in Windows 7, Narrator is not good enough to help me much.
I'm hoping that the claim in the info I've seen that all the checkboxes for stopping screenreader access will be off by default on the release version, but even then the priority of access info is reduced to speed up the browser for the sighted world from what I can gather.

Best left till they fix it, if they can actually come up with a way of doing it. I wonder why we need yet another api as we did for Edge for the very same reasons of paranoia. I will say no more as I do not want a flame war here as some people have the opposite view to myself and that is fine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Monday, November 06, 2017 9:10 AM

Hi Mary,

I doubt there is much difference. We'll see what others have to say but if it were me, I'd use the 32 bit version because I don't know about add on compatibility with the 64 bit version. I also doubt there is any significant difference in performance between the two versions. But I'm basing those opinions and comments on very little information. I remember when Internet Explorer came outwith its 64 bit version that there were incompatible add ons and a lot of people used the 32 bit version for awhile.

Gene

Mary

Sent from my iPhone

Gene

Hi all,
Mary

Sent from my iPhone