EXTRA ANNOUNCEMENTS

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

When going through my list of emails, NVDA announces "From", "subject", and "received". As these things are quite obvious and these are just extra sylables that slow things down, is there a way to turn off these announcements? There are also extra announcements when looking at a Windows Explorer screen.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Howard

Rob Hudson

Howard Traxler <howard@traxlerenterprises.com> wrote:
When going through my list of emails, NVDA announces "From", "subject", and
"received". As these things are quite obvious and these are just extra
sylables that slow things down, is there a way to turn off these
announcements?
Go into document formatting with control+NVDA+D and uncheck
"Row/Column Headers"
That will fix your extra verbiage.

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Thanks Rob. That did it. I have never seen that dialog; didn't know it was there. Guess I should study this NVDA a bit more.