Topics

Question about using quick books with NVDA

chris judge

Good morning everyone.

I have a client who has just lost most of her vision. She worked as an accountant and used a program called quick books. In my experience we have had terrible success with screen readers and accounting software in the past. Does anyone know if this has changed. Can NVDA be made to work with quick books? If not, is there any accounting software that will work with NVdA, or any other screen reader? Thanks for any help you can give.

Richard Kuzma

Good morning,

I have used quickbooks as a sighted person,

But since lost my sight five years ago I have not tried it.

I do know they had an accessibility project a while back to make it accessible.

Not sure it was with jaws or nvda. You may want to give them a call as I remember it not being the latest and greatest version.

Let me know if you find anything out and if I am incorrect or not, and it I come across anything else will let you know.

Thanks

Rich