ALT Text character limit

Brunella Chiarugi

Hi!

Is there a pre-set maximum limit of characters the screen reader can read in an ALT Text?
In other words, what's the maximum length of an ALT Text that NVDA supports?

Thanks!

hello.
just press nvdadown arrow key and nvda reads text entirely.
if you use web browsers and want to set amount of characters in one
line, you can set it in nvda preferences and brows mode.
hope that help, God bless you all!

On 11/9/17, Brunella Chiarugi <spimpi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

Is there a pre-set maximum limit of characters the screen reader can read
in an ALT Text?
In other words, what's the maximum length of an ALT Text that NVDA
supports?

Thanks!
holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brunella Chiarugi

Hi!

Thanks a lot!
This is of great help! :)

On 11/9/17, Brunella Chiarugi <spimpi@...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Is there a pre-set maximum limit of characters the screen reader can read
> in an ALT Text?
> In other words, what's the maximum length of an ALT Text that NVDA
> supports?
>
> Thanks!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Quentin Christensen

The technical answer to Brunella's question is that no, there is no technical limit to the amount of alt+text NVDA can read.

In any case, personally, my preference is to have the bulk of the important information in the body of text itself, and the image alt text then be a more concise description of the image / chart / etc.

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen