From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Luke Kio
Sent: November 8, 2017 4:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Question about typing.

I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make  NVDA read them as soon as I press the button?

Thanks for any help.

--

Luke Kio

Bad Dog Audio Production
850-294-3998

Luke Kio <jameslukekio@...>

I use Microsoft speech api version 5 There are only a few to choose from and that one is the only one I can stand.

On Wed, Nov 8, 2017 at 4:31 PM, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:

I’m not sure, but I have a feeling part of this might be synthesizer-dependent. What synthesizer are you using, and have you tried experimenting with different ones to see if any have a faster response time? I use the Microsoft Core voice with NVDA now and I do find it rather slow for this, but tend not to use key echo so it doesn’t really bother me. I choose this synth because I feel like I’ll never really get used to eSpeak, and I know I’m not alone. I know the Festival synth is also rather slow since I tried that on another machine.

I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make  NVDA read them as soon as I press the button?

Thanks for any help.

--

Luke Kio

Bad Dog Audio Production
850-294-3998

--
Luke Kio
Bad Dog Audio Production
850-294-3998

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

There are a lot to choose from; eSpeak and Microsoft voices are just the only ones usually installed by default. Go to the NVDA downloads page and I think there’s a whole page there of different commercial and non-commercial software synths you can try out.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

It can go as fast as you can understand your synth really which one are you using?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about
the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it
read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very
slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make NVDA read them as soon as
I press the button?
Thanks for any help.

--
Luke Kio
Bad Dog Audio Production
850-294-3998

Brian's Mail list account

The point is that those are really designed to read text like books and other things that have grammar, if you want quick you usually end up with robotic, like eloquence or one of the espeak varients like Quincy or similar. The Microsoft voices are known to be slow based on real speech.
What were you using on window Eyes?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about
the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it
read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very
slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make NVDA read them as soon as
I press the button?

Thanks for any help.

--

Luke Kio

Bad Dog Audio Production
850-294-3998 <(850)%20294-3998>

--
Luke Kio
Bad Dog Audio Production

hello.
i use espeak iven3, its speed is excellent and its a very friendly,
lovely and acceptable voice for me.
God bless you all!

<bglists@...> wrote:
It can go as fast as you can understand your synth really which one are you

using?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
I was a Window Eyes user and am now moving to NVDA. My question is about
the speed that NVDA reads the letters back to me as I type. With W.E. it
read them as fast as I could type, but with NVDA it reads them back very
slowly. Is there a way to speed this up, or make NVDA read them as soon
as
I press the button?
Thanks for any help.

--