NVDA Problems with dynamic content

Adriani Botez

Dear all,

we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content. Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking. Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well. Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:

DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):

Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML object at 0x0539B7D0>

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted

DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):

COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted

MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False

MSHTML nodeName: u'A'

Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.

Any suggestions how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Best

Adriani

hello.
can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
i did not find such setting!
i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
hope that help, God bless you all.

On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Mallard <mallard@...>

Hello,

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I seem to recall some screenreaders have a function where a particular area of a screen can be ignored for updates, or just polled when needed.Very handy for those tickers etc.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

Go to nvda prefferences and then to object presentation.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 10:30 schrieb zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>:

[...]

Gene

If you have the setting on, as it is by default, it causes NVDA to read changes on the screen as they occur, such as if part of a screen updates with a stock market report.  This may be an incomplete explanation because if updating is done with ARIA, I don't know if the dynamic content affects reading.  The setting might also stop DOS windows from being read as well.  There is no reason to turn it off.

Once you turn off scripts, web sites won't uppdate.  And if a program you use relies on dynamic content, you might make some of the program inaccessible.

I don't have the technical knowledge to know if my explanation is completely accurate or complete, but it more or less explains what the setting does and why there is no advantage to turning it off.

On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>

> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>
> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>

> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>
> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>
> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>
> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>
> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>
> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>
> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>

> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>
> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>

> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>

> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>

> Thank you in advance.
>

> Best
>
> Adriani

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Mallard <mallard@...>

Thanks, I tried that now, but I have a feeling I'd disabled the check box in teh past, with no avail.

I hope this helps...

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 11:40, Adriani Botez ha scritto:
[...]

I'm not sure just What you have in mind.  Should NVDA give the user more control of what is spoken?  Can't this already be done by a combination of the dynamic content setting and land mark settings in the browser?  What do other screen-readers do better?

If you are talking about situations where pages refresh, JAWS, the only other screen-reader I'm familiar with in current production where this behavior can be regulated, allows you to turn page refreshes off but it can't stop all page refreshes.  Firefox has a setting that stops all refreshes and notifies the user when a page wants to refresh, requiring manual permission.
This appears to me to be something the browser should be able to be set to control.

We've seen discussion recently about an expanding  newer paradigm that screen-readers should receive accessibility information from the browser as the main means of access.  This would seem to me to go along with the newer paradigm.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Adriani Botez

the Problem is, the page does not refresh itself. It's just the Region where time zones stay up to date. But NVDA speaks every update. Even if I Change the Windows or even when I am typing this E-Mail. How to stop it?

Please have a look at the debug which I have posted here.

Best
Adriani

> [...]

>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.

Gene

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Mallard <mallard@...>

Adriani,

That's exactly the issue. NVDA doesn't have a way to stop refresh of some dynamic areas, which is superannoying, because it doesn't give you time to read or act on the given area.

This has been going on forever, and apparently no solution is in view. Or is it?

Ciao,

Ollie

<mailto:adriani.botez@gmail.com>> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work.
This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very
international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic
Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the
world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop
speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA
Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA
Debug:

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable:
<virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0>
already deleted

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Mallard <mallard@...>

Gene,

I use a braille display, most of the time with voice turned off. What I see is constant change under my fingers, which doesn't give me time to click on links or buttons.

It isn't the whole page, but just areas on some pages, like carousels, and stuff like that.

I haven't found any settings in Firefox that allow me to stop that.
Any suggestions, please?

Again, Jaws did that years ago (I stopped using it in 2008!), so I suppose it can be done.
Ciao,
Ollie

On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@gmail.com <mailto:adriani.botez@gmail.com>> wrote:
[...]

www.al-islam.org <http://www.al-islam.org>

Gene

Have you looked in advanced settings in options for the check box that says Warn me when websites try to redirect or reload the page?  You probably have and it may have no bearing on this problem.  If you turn off JAVA script support, you will be able to look at the page without part of it updating but you may not be able to do what you want on the page.  But if you want to see what is there just to see what you haven't seen on that part of the page, that's an option.  Or you could select all, copy it to the clipboard and look at it in a word processor or Notepad.  But again, this is to look at the content of the page and I don't know if there is any way to interact with any part of the page when using a word processor.  I discussed the landmarks setting in another message but I have no idea if that will help and I suspect you've already tried it.

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Adriani Botez

I don‘t find such a setting in presentation dialog.  In document formating dialog landmarks and frames are unchecked.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 14:05 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Adriani Botez

Thank you alot for all suggestions. Unfortunately the problem still continues to exist. It is driving me crazy to hear this all the time. I will have to create an issue. Hopefully it gets solved soon.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 14:45 schrieb Gene <gsasner@...>:

> [...]

>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.

Adriani Botez

I have also looked at advanced browser settings. It should not update content automatically. But though it does. I need java script for several actions on other pages. Is it possible to turn java off just for a particular webpage of a website? It is surprising that jaws does not have this problem.

Best
Adriani

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 09.11.2017 um 15:20 schrieb Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...>:

> [...]

>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.

Gene

I meant document formatting.  Sorry about the error.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Gene

You can use a firefox add on like no script but that may be more fooling around than you want to do and since it is a work situation, I doubt you can put it on your machine, but you might want to ask.  Then, there is another possible proboem.  I don't know if no script is being updated in time to work without an interruption when the quantum version of firefox comes out in about ninew days.

You can turn JAVA script off in the browser but then you'd have to turn it on again when you aren't working with the page.

This may be a problem with announcing landmarks or a related setting.  Look for the report landmarks setting in the document presentation dialog and try unchecking it.  I don't know if that will help but you might as well try changing it.

Disabling scripts doesn't always help, because it may cause other issues
on certain sites.

I honestly think NVDA should do something radical about solving the
dynamic content issue, either within the screen reader itself, or
through an add-on.

If other screen readers can handle it, I'm sure NVDA can too.

Sorry, I can't code... I'd love to help otherwise.
Ciao, and thanks for all the great work the community is doing all the time.
Ollie

Il 09/11/2017 10:30, zahra ha scritto:
> hello.
> can you please tell me how to turn off or on dynamic content i nvda?
> i did not find such setting!
> i desable javascript, and any other script or active x, etc.
> hope that help, God bless you all.
>
> On 11/9/17, Adriani Botez <adriani.botez@...> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> we have recently implemented a share point solution at work. This includes
>> a browser based portal which is customized. As we are a very international
>> Company, there is a part on the Portal which contains dynamic Content.
>> Specifically it contains the time zones of all places in the world where we
>> are active. The time updates constantly and NVDA does not stop speaking.
>> Animations in IE are turned of, dynamic Content in NVDA Settings as well.
>> Jaws does not have this Problem. Here is what I get from NVDA Debug:
>>

>> DEBUG - treeInterceptorHandler.update (09:56:27):
>>
>> Adding new treeInterceptor to runningTable: <virtualBuffers.MSHTML.MSHTML
>> object at 0x0539B7D0>
>>

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:32):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6cb0> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350> already deleted
>>
>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0> already deleted
>>

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.
>>

>> Any suggestions how to fix it?
>>

>> Thank you in advance.
>>

>> Best
>>
>> Adriani

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'm sure this has been discussed but it seems there are many ways for this sort of thing to happen.
As I say, some screenreaders also have anti stutter for this as well as often scrolling changing content can sound very odd indeed.
Baisically what is needed is to somehow get the buffer you are in disconnected from the active page till you click something.
> [...]

>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aad00>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa940>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53e6760>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aa350>
already deleted

>> DEBUGWARNING - comtypesMonkeyPatches.newCpbDel (09:56:33):
>>
>> COM pointer <POINTER(IAccessible) ptr=0x2d3524 at 53aaee0>
already deleted

>> MSHTML node has ancestor IAccessible: False
>>
>> MSHTML nodeName: u'A'
>>

>> Windows 8.1 64bit and NVDA 2017.2 is the set up.

Michal Rada

And have you switched on screenreader support in Sharepoint web interface?

Michal