do you know one accessible, simple to use and free audio recorder?

hello every one.
i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
God bless you all!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Depends what you call simple. Many do record but as often when you do this you next need to edit the files, then I'd still use a program like audacity or if you can afford a little beit Goldwave.
There is virtual recorder but not tested it on XP as I think its aimed at those with sound cards that you cannot record streams from etc.

If you have a mobile phone, just press record is your thing.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
God bless you all!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Roger Stewart

If you only want to record in mp3 format, then mp3 Direct Cut is a great choice. It is free and very easy to use. There's an nvda add on for it to help in editing files, but for just recording, you can get by without that if you choose.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@gmail.com>
i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
God bless you all!

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Gene

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 1:37 PM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

Gene

I don't know what the add on does but you don't need it to edit.  You can edit very well just using the program itself.

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 2:24 PM

If you only want to record in mp3 format, then mp3 Direct Cut is a great
choice.  It is free and very easy to use.  There's an nvda add on for it
to help in editing files, but for just recording, you can get by without
that if you choose.

Roger

On 11/11/2017 1:37 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
> Depends what you call simple. Many do record but as often when you do
> this you next need to edit the files, then I'd still use a program
> like audacity or if you can afford a little beit Goldwave.
> There is virtual recorder but not tested it on XP as I think its aimed
> at those with sound cards that you cannot record streams from etc.
>
> If you have a mobile phone, just press record is your thing.
> Brian
>
> bglists@...
> Sent via blueyonder.
> Please address personal email to:-
> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> in the display name field.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "zahra" <nasrinkhaksar3@...>

I have all 3 of them, what I like about goldwave is it uses cddb which is what nero uses I think it uses gracenote to.

The thing is its also fast.

On 12/11/2017 8:37 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

.

for me, I would use audicity

Gene 於 12/11/2017 4:40 寫道:

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

Robert Mendoza

Care to send the direct of the mp3 DirectCut. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza
On 11/12/2017 1:05 PM, Mr. Wong Chi Wai, William wrote:

for me, I would use audicity

Gene 於 12/11/2017 4:40 寫道:
Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

Gene

But all the person wants to do is work with MP3 files.  Audacity is a more complex program and just for recording and editing MP3 files, MP3 direct Cut is a bettter choice.

Sent: Saturday, November 11, 2017 11:05 PM

for me, I would use audicity

Gene 於 12/11/2017 4:40 寫道:
Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

hi again every one specially gene and roger.
thanks extremely for your help, mp3 direct cut is exactly the software
that i need.
but the only problem for me is i cant record anything.
i only can delete the unnecessary part of my sounds.
what should i do to record mp3 with it?

But all the person wants to do is work with MP3 files. Audacity is a more
complex program and just for recording and editing MP3 files, MP3 direct Cut
is a bettter choice.

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What system are you running it on? I'd have thought, like many of these programs they have to know what to record from in the first place so there should be some kind of set up system for it. I've not used it myself, but xp sound and 7 sound and later work in different ways, which is why quickmix won't work after XP.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of
salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Looks to me like you would need to download the latest lame mp3 full library to record in mp3. Not sure but just a quick read of the manual suggests there is a record button and as I do not see one despite setting the hardware to my sound card and only lame playback I can deduce this is probably the case. If others disagree, do let us know.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since
xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of
salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I still use virtual recorder, It has the benefit of being able to record not only from the sound device, but incoming audio and what you hear, ie if you want to demo an error in nvda in audio etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since
xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of
salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Gene

You need the Lame encoder.  I haven't looked much to find where to download it.  You place the lame_enc.dll file in the MP3 Direct folder.  You don't need to put anything else that comes with the Lame_enc.dll folder anywhere.

Once it's in the right place, run MP3 Direct Cut, and press f12 to open the encoder part of the configuration dialog.
Tab around.  You will find a check box to check with the space bar to use Lame_enc.dll.  Tab through the dialog and set things as you wish.  You must activate the cloase button after making changes to save them.

On 11/12/17, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
> But all the person wants to do is work with MP3 files.  Audacity is a more
> complex program and just for recording and editing MP3 files, MP3 direct Cut
> is a bettter choice.
>
> Gene

With mp3 direct cut running and in focus, hit the letter R. This will put it into record standby. When you want to start the actual recording, just hit the space bar.

Roger

On 11/12/2017 1:01 AM, zahra wrote:
hi again every one specially gene and roger.
thanks extremely for your help, mp3 direct cut is exactly the software
that i need.
but the only problem for me is i cant record anything.
i only can delete the unnecessary part of my sounds.
what should i do to record mp3 with it?

But all the person wants to do is work with MP3 files. Audacity is a more
complex program and just for recording and editing MP3 files, MP3 direct Cut
is a bettter choice.

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

Roger Stewart

You should get the lame-enc.dll file and just put it into the mp3 direct cut folder and that will do it.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions
since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of
salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

.

hi again.
how should i stop recording, pause recording or save the recorded
files after finishing?
thanks brian, gene and roger for your help and God bless all.

On 11/12/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com> wrote:
You should get the lame-enc.dll file and just put it into the mp3 direct
cut folder and that will do it.

Roger

On 11/12/2017 4:48 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Looks to me like you would need to download the latest lame mp3 full
library to record in mp3. Not sure but just a quick read of the manual
suggests there is a record button and as I do not see one despite
setting the hardware to my sound card and only lame playback I can
deduce this is probably the case. If others disagree, do let us know.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via
Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>

Mp3 Direct Cut meets all your requirements.

> i need one program which can record mp3, be freeware or opensource,
> safe, reliable, simple to use, supports all windows versions
since xp,
> accessible and if possible, without extra software offering.
> except jetaudio that i realy cant use, please help me.
> God bless you all!
>
> --
> we have not sent you but as a mercy to the entire creation.
> holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
> in the very authentic narration from prophet Mohammad is:
> indeed, imam husayn is the beacon of guidance and the ark of
salvation.
> www.al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

.

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Gene

There is no pause.  You stop by just pressing the space bar.  you play with just the space bar.  You save the file with control w.

On 11/12/17, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:
> You should get the lame-enc.dll file and just put it into the mp3 direct
> cut folder and that will do it.
>
> Roger
>

> On 11/12/2017 4:48 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
>> Looks to me like you would need to download the latest lame mp3 full
>> library to record in mp3. Not sure but just a quick read of the manual
>> suggests there is a record button and as I do not see one despite
>> setting the hardware to my sound card and only lame playback I can
>> deduce this is probably the case. If others disagree, do let us know.
>> Brian
>>
>> bglists@...
>> Sent via blueyonder.
>> Please address personal email to:-
>> briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
>> in the display name field.
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian's Mail list account via
>> Groups.Io" <bglists@...>

Deborah Armstrong <debee@...>

I missed the beginning of this thread, but for nearly twenty years I've just loved TotalRecorder. Even its video recording ability is pretty accessible and the documentation is superb. It has run on everything from Windows 98 up to Windows 10 and will record with external Mic, external dubbing cable (sometimes called Aux or patchcord.) and of course will record audio from the PC. It's most popular for recording internet radio but I use it for much more.

You need to pay a small fee to continue to use it; there are several versions, each costing more and offering more features. And it's easier to use, if you really do read the documentation. But it's completely accessible, no dialogs or screens that a screen reader fails to let you review. It can even record your screen reader, or not, as you prefer. And I paid $10 for it twenty years ago and still get fantastic support. You pay for it only once.

--Debee

Gene

Here is a page with information about MP3 Direct Cut and a download link.
On this page, is a downloads linkk.  If you follow it, you will be on a page with information about the program and below it, links to many places from which you can download it.

I would think these links would be safe since the link I gave is to the site of the developer.  I don't know that, but that is what I think is probably or likely the case.

So many free programs bundle unwanted programs that I don't know if MP3 Direct Cut has started to do this.  I certainly hope not and I haven't seen any complaints about it.  But as usual, be careful when downloading free software.