renaming a formatted thumb drive

Arlene

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Dan Beaver

Hi,

You change its' label.  There is a DOS label command you can use or you can do it by changing it in the properties of the drive.

Dan Beaver

On 11/12/2017 3:37 PM, Arlene wrote:

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Chris

If you highlight the drive then hit F2 then you can change the name/volume/label to whatever you want

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Arlene

I did already. Thanks. I asked a friend on the phone. I got the name back that I had it.

If you highlight the drive then hit F2 then you can change the name/volume/label to whatever you want

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Arlene

I fixed it. I just hit f 2 and got it’s original name back.

You change its' label.  There is a DOS label command you can use or you can do it by changing it in the properties of the drive.

Dan Beaver

On 11/12/2017 3:37 PM, Arlene wrote:

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Brian's Mail list account

When you say rename do you mean the volume label as normally format asks you for a name at the end.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-