renaming a formatted thumb drive

Arlene

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Dan Beaver

Hi,

You change its' label.  There is a DOS label command you can use or you can do it by changing it in the properties of the drive.

Dan Beaver

On 11/12/2017 3:37 PM, Arlene wrote:

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How does one rename it? I’m senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be formatted. So I did it. How does one rename it again? Thanks any help will be appriciated

Chris

If you highlight the drive then hit F2 then you can change the name/volume/label to whatever you want

Sent: 12 November 2017 20:37
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] renaming a formatted thumb drive

Arlene

I did already. Thanks. I asked a friend on the phone. I got the name back that I had it. 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris
Sent: November-12-17 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] renaming a formatted thumb drive

If you highlight the drive then hit F2 then you can change the name/volume/label to whatever you want

Sent: 12 November 2017 20:37

Arlene

I fixed it. I just hit f 2 and got it’s original name back. 

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Dan Beaver
Sent: November-12-17 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] renaming a formatted thumb drive

Hi,

You change its' label.  There is a DOS label command you can use or you can do it by changing it in the properties of the drive.

Dan Beaver

On 11/12/2017 3:37 PM, Arlene wrote:

Brian's Mail list account

When you say rename do you mean the volume label as normally format asks you for a name at the end.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2017 8:37 PM

hIHi list. I had a thumb drive become corrupted and I had to format it. How
does one rename it? I'm senile. I tried not to do it but it wanted to be