braille me affordable braille display

Josh Kennedy

hello

braille me will cost $399 united states dollars.

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Buddy Brannan

Hi,

Y'all will recall that BrailleMe came to the NVDA community for assistance in putting together a display driver last year.

Earlier this year, late spring or perhaps very early summer, I got to see an early prototype of BraillMe, and it showed a lot of promise. There were afew rough edges, which I hope have been addressed in the final production version.

At $50 less than Orbit Reader 20, there are a couple things I'll observe. First, the early prototype was a bit noisy, especially as the cursor blinked. Also, sometimes a cell wouldn't populate correctly if you had your finger on it. I hope these shortcomings got addressed. Also, this says it's a six-dot cell, not eight. This might be an issue for some, although I must say I never used those extra dots myself. On the plus side, display refresh is instantaneous, and there are cursor routing buttons for each cell, a feature the Orbit lacks. So if they really do release on 4th January, we could well have a winner here.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Mobile (preferred): (814) 431-0962

On Nov 13, 2017, at 8:50 AM, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:

hello

braille me will cost $399 united states dollars.

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Well I am seriously thinking of changing my views on the orbit.

Its not out, and at least 1 person had issue and returned their unit that brought it at a convention.

And to be honest I really want a full sized thingy, I am used to 6 dots I was taught 6 dots I only need 6 dots.

On 14/11/2017 9:17 a.m., Buddy Brannan wrote:
[...]

tina sohl <tinabir@...>

I hope they do release it then, and that the issues Buddy mentioned are taken care of. How do you load info in to it? o you load it on to a card as with the orbit an does it work with both android and IOS?
[...]

Cristóbal

If only someone would come out with a 40 cell option. That or the makers of
these new entries would also scale up to a 40 cell display...

[...]

Here, here to the 40-cell display. Twenty is barely enough to do serious reading. That's what I would use it for. Mobile is the future, this I know. However, the more Braille cells on a display, the better. I'm thinking 32 or 40 would be nice.

On 11/13/2017 4:27 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account

And this is of use without details because??
Brian

bglists@... Sent via blueyonder. Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'