that dll message that I was geting with nvda

Hello I can confirm at least on my machine that when ever I install jaws2018 I get that dll message that I was getting before when launching nvda

I restored my machine to before I installed jaws2018 so all is ok but thought that I would let the list know

I don't know what is going on but at this point I can't run jaws2018 with out it breaking nvda

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sound to me like they are both trying to use that dll, for all I know Jaws may well be putting a modified copy in. I'd hesitate that it might be doing it on purpose but it might well be tweaked to get around some windows issue.
Might be worth raising an issue on Gather for this in case nvaccess can duplicate it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hello I can confirm at least on my machine that when ever I install jaws2018 I get that dll message that I was getting before when launching nvda

I restored my machine to before I installed jaws2018 so all is ok but thought that I would let the list know

I don't know what is going on but at this point I can't run jaws2018 with out it breaking nvda

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Why does auto spell check not let me put git hub. grr.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Hello I can confirm at least on my machine that when ever I install jaws2018 I get that dll message that I was getting before when launching nvda

I restored my machine to before I installed jaws2018 so all is ok but thought that I would let the list know

I don't know what is going on but at this point I can't run jaws2018 with out it breaking nvda

Sakina

Please pardon me for my ignorance. What does dll stand for?
With many regards Sakina

Hello I can confirm at least on my machine that when ever I install
jaws2018 I get that dll message that I was getting before when launching
nvda

I restored my machine to before I installed jaws2018 so all is ok but
thought that I would let the list know

I don't know what is going on but at this point I can't run jaws2018
with out it breaking nvda

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Dynamic Link Library. Its code that contains windows program parts. They have what are called entry points, they do things to data and then return the modified data to whatever called it.

Hence the term Dynamic, as they do stuff depending on other stuff, Link, ie you have them as part of code linked together, and Library as most of the time the code block has many of the code routines in it each with known entry points to do specific things.
That is basically it. The problems start when something assumes this library will do something it fails to do as its out of date or changed or corrupted, or is not registered with the windows system, which many need to be for security reasons otherwise any old hacker could shove things in and play havoc with the system.
Brian
Apologies for the very basic description.

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Please pardon me for my ignorance. What does dll stand for?
With many regards Sakina
Hello I can confirm at least on my machine that when ever I install
jaws2018 I get that dll message that I was getting before when launching
nvda

I restored my machine to before I installed jaws2018 so all is ok but
thought that I would let the list know

I don't know what is going on but at this point I can't run jaws2018
with out it breaking nvda

Sakina

Thank you always my friend Brian for the explanation.
Regards always
Sakina