the new firefox quanttum

Scott VanDeWalle

Hello all.

I just installed the new firefox.

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

Chris

                                Well I’m using nightly 59.01 and that seems ok

So maybe try the later one

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

I chose to postpone the update, for now. I may well end up just going for it. It seems that a good number of people are actually ok with using Quantum with their screen-reader already, this before Mozilla makes their improvements in 58, 59 or whatever it is.

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

The only show stopper for me is changing addon options.

As long as I never have to configure addons at all, then its not a problem.

I have a sound for download complete which while loud I will get used to.

I have no choice.

Noscript will be in in the next 2 weeks and that does hopefully mean noscript will work as expected.

If it doesn't, I can pull back to 56.x and hold off till next year.

Its not the end of the world, true its not everything but after disk cleaner managed to damage somehow some of my chrome stuff, to be honest, and with all the other things I run into with extentions pluss security dialogs with some stuff I need to access which firefox has no issue with, I am going to stay with firefox.

On 15/11/2017 12:10 p.m., JM Casey wrote:
I chose to postpone the update, for now. I may well end up just going for it. It seems that a good number of people are actually ok with using Quantum with their screen-reader already, this before Mozilla makes their improvements in 58, 59 or whatever it is.

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I still cannot get 57 to actually work at all here, so I'm avoiding it. I don't have time to fiddle and nothing really should need to be altered to get it to work albeit slower or whatever. There are obviously issues with some systems as yet unexplained and until they are resolved its not worth my time attempting to figure it out, there are cleverer people than I and I have nearly a year of 52 updates to let them play with their new toy.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.
So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.
I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.
Just my opinions though.
Have a good da y.

Scott

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

But remember you could be like me, where it simply refuses to work and removes vital add ons.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I chose to postpone the update, for now. I may well end up just going for it. It seems that a good number of people are actually ok with using Quantum with their screen-reader already, this before Mozilla makes their improvements in 58, 59 or whatever it is.

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

Lino Morales

Yeah Marco Z said you could do that. In his words its "bleeding edge". Have fun.

On 11/14/2017 5:16 PM, Chris wrote:

                                Well I’m using nightly 59.01 and that seems ok

So maybe try the later one

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

To be honest brian, if it were more than the options screens I would go back to 56.02 and not update it.

I still don't understand why all this upheaval for the users, I had all my addons running and ff just worked.

Its a lot faster certainly a bit more faster than chrome and I like layouts of some pages like twitter a bit better than chrome.

Ofcause where chrome was an issue for me was security dialogs and since I interact with these quite a lot in my admin work its sort of a show stopper for me if it does it.

As for 56, The fact is if I need to I can go back to any version of ff I have.

At least till next year when noscript dies off for the older versions.

Noscript will be back sooner or later maybe this week or next, but point is everything else is, I don't have the entire load of sounds for chrome I did have but I just need the download one and I have that and well what can I say, I still do like the interface for ff even though ftp and download lists don't focus right.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott VanDeWalle" <scottvandewalle2@gmail.com>
The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.
So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.
I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.
Just my opinions though.
Have a good da y.

Scott

.

Scott VanDeWalle

Yeah I got it now too and its alright I suppose.

I guess now it will be up to the nvda developers to fix the damage that has been done like screen reader manufactrers always seem to have to end up doing.  Smile

Scott

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                                Well I’m using nightly 59.01 and that seems ok

So maybe try the later one

The only thing wrong with it as far as I’m concerned is that it is slower.

So for now I’ll either use google chrome or edge as my default browser.

I’m using the new nightly firefox 58, and it is not much better, as promised it would be.

Just my opinions though.

Have a good da y.

Scott

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Keep in mind, I don't use addons. I'm just a general internet user.
I updated to the latest of version of firefox and I don't seem to have any problem.
It's a little slow on the yahoo home page when checking email, but I've gotten use to GoogleChrome and it is a bit faster doing that.
I read the what's new in firefox and they mentioned using new technology when creating the new brouser. Is it possible that Wondows 7 is just out of date?
Is anyone with Windows 8 or over having major difficulties?

Marco Oros

People, try download this thing. Maybe It'll solve those problems.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all/
Also, disable updates in Firefox.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I simply cannot understand why people get it to work. it fails miserably here as i said before. Is it just not going to work on windows 7?