Topics

nvda tickets

I posted a ticket on the topic of Zoom yesterday. Do we see emails corresponding to our own tickets before someone comments on them? I'm just curious. If I've done something wrong, I'd like to know. I filled it out and then pressed the submit button.

Quentin Christensen

It looks like you've done everything correct.  I can see your issue here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7754.

It looks like no-one has commented on it or anything yet, so you likely won't have received any e-mail about it yet.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

All I needed to know. Thanks!

It looks like you've done everything correct.  I can see your issue here: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/7754.

It looks like no-one has commented on it or anything yet, so you likely won't have received any e-mail about it yet.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Governor staten <govsta@...> wrote:

I posted a ticket on the topic of Zoom yesterday. Do we see emails corresponding to our own tickets before someone comments on them? I'm just curious. If I've done something wrong, I'd like to know. I filled it out and then pressed the submit button.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No I pointed this out some time ago that it seems to be illogical. Never see any of my comments only others comments unless I log in and scroll through the issue on the gather web site. For some reason the techs over there seem to have a blind spot when you point this out as if its normal, but it would be real nice if an email was sent for all parts of that thread to the nominated account. However its not and I have been frustrated to note this is the case and nobody seems to care.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I posted a ticket on the topic of Zoom yesterday. Do we see emails
corresponding to our own tickets before someone comments on them? I'm
just curious. If I've done something wrong, I'd like to know. I filled
it out and then pressed the submit button.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think the point he is raising here is the one I've raised many many times and been ignored.
That is, really there should be a setting in there so even your own messages get sent to the email list it uses so you can follow a thread correctly maybe months later on.
In my view this is a serious issue with gather or its the most well hidden checbox on the web.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Governor staten <govsta@gmail.com> wrote:

I posted a ticket on the topic of Zoom yesterday. Do we see emails
corresponding to our own tickets before someone comments on them? I'm just
curious. If I've done something wrong, I'd like to know. I filled it out
and then pressed the submit button.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

Apparently, according to this page, you can get e-mails for your own activity now Brian: https://github.com/blog/2203-email-updates-about-your-own-activity

If you go to: https://github.com/settings/notifications you can set what notifications you receive and how, and one of the checkboxes is for "Include your own updates", which is unchecked by default.  If you check that, it sounds like it should do exactly what you want.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
I think the point he is raising here is the one I've raised many many times and been ignored.
That is, really there should be a setting in there so even your own messages get sent to the email list it uses so you can follow a thread correctly maybe months later on.
In my view this is a serious issue with gather or its the most well hidden checbox on the web.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
[...]

I think I tried to find that once before, but maybe its working now, so why on earth would one not want this to occur?

quentin@nvaccess.org>

wrote:

I posted a ticket on the topic of Zoom yesterday. Do we see emails
corresponding to our own tickets before someone comments on them? I'm
just
curious. If I've done something wrong, I'd like to know. I filled it out
and then pressed the submit button.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

Quentin Christensen

I found the option on my account although I haven't tested it.

I guess the rationale is that the point of the e-mail is to alert you to new activity on tickets you are following.  If you comment on an issue then you already know about that comment.

wrote:

[...]

Not if you use a specific different address for the issues list of course as I do to aid in sorting out email.