Topics

Windows OneCore voices and rate of speech

Felix G.

Hello list!
Seems I'm doing something very wrong and need someone to enlighten me. ;-)
I'm trying to use the OneCore voices with NVDA. It works to some degree but even if I set the rate to 100 it doesn't get anywhere close to the speed I can set with Narrator. So I switched back to Espeak which, at 40 and speed boost, is about right for me.
So my question is, what do I need to set in order for NVDA to really make use of the power of those Windows voices?
Best regards,
Felix

Greg Wocher

Hello,
If you go into windows speech settings you can increase the rate there. This will then cause the rate in NVDA to speed up too.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Nov 17, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

Hello list!
Seems I'm doing something very wrong and need someone to enlighten me. ;-)
I'm trying to use the OneCore voices with NVDA. It works to some degree but even if I set the rate to 100 it doesn't get anywhere close to the speed I can set with Narrator. So I switched back to Espeak which, at 40 and speed boost, is about right for me.
So my question is, what do I need to set in order for NVDA to really make use of the power of those Windows voices?
Best regards,
Felix

Felix G.

Hi!
Thank you, that worked great for me!
Greetings,
Felix

Greg Wocher <gwocher@...> schrieb am Fr., 17. Nov. 2017 um 19:34 Uhr:

Hello,
If you go into windows speech settings you can increase the rate there. This will then cause the rate in NVDA to speed up too.

Regards,
Greg Wocher

On Nov 17, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Felix G. <constantlyvariable@...> wrote:

Hello list!
Seems I'm doing something very wrong and need someone to enlighten me. ;-)
I'm trying to use the OneCore voices with NVDA. It works to some degree but even if I set the rate to 100 it doesn't get anywhere close to the speed I can set with Narrator. So I switched back to Espeak which, at 40 and speed boost, is about right for me.
So my question is, what do I need to set in order for NVDA to really make use of the power of those Windows voices?
Best regards,
Felix

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

if i remember right unless it has been fixed there was a bug where you could not ajust the speed in nvda for the one core voices. it had to be done in narrator. I back then ajusted the  speed there then was able to ajust the speed in nvda. I think the bug was going to be fixed either in microsoft with a update if i remember right. It might of been done?

Gene nz