From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Mary Otten
Sent: 18 November 2017 21:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Kudos to the Microsoft disability desk

A week or so ago, there were a lot of messages on a topic I started regarding my new windows 10 PC and it’s inability to sometimes shut down completely or be unresponsive after restarts, where settings wouldn’t open etc. Also there was this thing where nVDA was talking even after it had not been loaded when the machine was trying and failing to shut down. I had the machine back in the shop again, and the unskilled workers who work there, at least I hope that’s what they are rather than competent technicians, said there was nothing wrong with it. So we brought it home again, and it exhibited the same unfortunate behaviors. Before giving up completely and just turning the machine back in before my 15 day return with no questions asked Time limit Ran out, I called the Microsoft disability helpdesk. The first guy I talked to was on the phone and remoted in to my computer trying to do different things for well over an hour. He finally decided that the only solution was a reinstallation/repair of windows. That necessitated a long download. And here I thought my Internet connection was faster than it apparently is. Anyway, following long download, I called back, spoke to another technician, who initiated the installation and repair process, which went fine. The machine is now working as it should. Amazing what real technicians who know what they’re doing and do. Moral: never pay the so-called technicians in a big box store to do anything but carry your box to your car.

Sent from my iPhone

Monte Single

Good message Mary,
I would call m s accessibility before calling the big box people.