nvda 2017.4rc1 and thunderbird version 52.4.0 (32-bit)

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

also in windows10 home 64bit latest updated windows10 the very latest without being on the insider build. NVDA is sluggish when composing emails in thunderbird. Its very sluggish. When I hit backspace or any of the arrow keys when composing or writing emails NVDA takes one whole entire second to give me speech feedback on where the cursor is at. But on the web in google chrome and firefox and in microsoft wordpad, notepad and so on NVDA is fast and snappy when arrowing around. Has anyone noticed this and can this cursor lag with NVDA please be fixed?

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Lino Morales

Try T Bird 57 beta. Its fast.

On 11/18/2017 5:00 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

also in windows10 home 64bit latest updated windows10 the very latest without being on the insider build. NVDA is sluggish when composing emails in thunderbird. Its very sluggish. When I hit backspace or any of the arrow keys when composing or writing emails NVDA takes one whole entire second to give me speech feedback on where the cursor is at. But on the web in google chrome and firefox and in microsoft wordpad, notepad and so on NVDA is fast and snappy when arrowing around. Has anyone noticed this and can this cursor lag with NVDA please be fixed?

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi where to you get this version from the you just reccamended?

On 11/19/2017 12:47 PM, Lino Morales wrote:

Try T Bird 57 beta. Its fast.

On 11/18/2017 5:00 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

also in windows10 home 64bit latest updated windows10 the very latest without being on the insider build. NVDA is sluggish when composing emails in thunderbird. Its very sluggish. When I hit backspace or any of the arrow keys when composing or writing emails NVDA takes one whole entire second to give me speech feedback on where the cursor is at. But on the web in google chrome and firefox and in microsoft wordpad, notepad and so on NVDA is fast and snappy when arrowing around. Has anyone noticed this and can this cursor lag with NVDA please be fixed?

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

--

Casey

Lino Morales

I'm about to eat lunch. Email me at:

lino.jr@...

 and I'll send you the link.

On 11/19/2017 2:40 PM, Casey wrote:

[...]

What I want to know is when thunderbird will actually get a release, there hasn't been one since 52 and while I don't mind as such as I use no addons at all, I would really like to see some improvements eventually.

win7 works but still I don't always watch it.

On 20/11/2017 7:47 a.m., Lino Morales wrote:
Try T Bird 57 beta. Its fast.

On 11/18/2017 5:00 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

also in windows10 home 64bit latest updated windows10 the very latest without being on the insider build. NVDA is sluggish when composing emails in thunderbird. Its very sluggish. When I hit backspace or any of the arrow keys when composing or writing emails NVDA takes one whole entire second to give me speech feedback on where the cursor is at. But on the web in google chrome and firefox and in microsoft wordpad, notepad and so on NVDA is fast and snappy when arrowing around. Has anyone noticed this and can this cursor lag with NVDA please be fixed?

Josh

--
sent with mozilla thunderbird

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Shaun! there is a beta version you may try it. the response for the nvda 2017.4 RC1 works fine and seemingly fast.

On 11/20/2017 3:40 AM, Casey wrote:

[...]

Hi can you send the way to down load this version please.

On 11/20/2017 9:22 AM, Casey wrote:
[...]

hi thanks for doing that and i know have it.

On 11/19/2017 7:27 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
there you go.

https://download.mozilla.org/?product=thunderbird-57.0b1-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US

[...]

Kevin Cussick

anyone having problems with tb 5240 and attachments I can't get to the save button only using Narrator could I do this.

On 19/11/2017 23:58, Robert Mendoza wrote:
[...]

Jacob Kruger

I use the message menu, attachments sub-menu to save/open attachments easily enough, working with thunderbird 52.4  on my windows 10 64 bit fall creators machine, and working with either NVDA 2017.3, or latest RC of 2017.4?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2017/11/20 23:56, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Hi, did the same but it did not read the save bit. anyway fixed as did a reinstall and all is well now thanks.

On 20/11/2017 23:37, Jacob Kruger wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What are your experiences with the portable version of Tbird?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

I have used it years ago, but not for years so I do not know but don't see why it wouldn't work.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io" <the.big.white.shepherd=googlemail.com@groups.io>
[...]

Angela Delicata

Hi,

I am using thunderbird with NVDA and  works very well.

Il 23/11/2017 22:50, Kevin Cussick via Groups.Io ha scritto:
[...]

---
http://www.avg.com

Kevin Cussick

yes he is asking about the portable version not the installed version.

On 24/11/2017 08:38, Angela Delicata wrote:
[...]

Travis Siegel <tsiegel@...>

When I open an email with an attachment, I simply use the nvda cursor (nvda-right arrow something like 3 times, and it lands me on the attachment itself.  Then I use nvda-numpad enter to select it, then it pops up a dialog box asking where to save it.  That's all there is to it.  No need to go digging through menus if you don't want to, but if you aren't comfortable with the nvda cursors, then that approach works too.

On 11/20/2017 6:37 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
[...]

Hi all, as already reported this is fixed but thanks for all your help.