[Nvda-devel] NVDA 2017.4rc2 now available for testing

Quentin Christensen

Hi all,

NVDA 2017.4rc2 has just been released for testing.

Changes from RC1 include:

• The message shown in NVDA’s About dialog is again correctly shown in the user’s configured language.
• It is again possible to connect to Handy Tech Braille Star 40 devices using bluetooth.
• Fixed an issue where overriding handy tech display gestures resulted in warnings about malformed input gesture identifiers.

Full blog post: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda2017-4rc2released/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

inamuddinInam Uddin

Dear, you took 43 minutes to update this very good news!

You can contact me via gmail:
inamuddin09@...
Inamuddin.ronaque@...
outlook:
inam092@...
yahoo:
inamuddin2010@...
Add my Skype ID:
charlsdarwin1
Meet me on facebook:
www.facebook.com/inamuddin786
Follow me on my twitter ID:
www.twitter.com/charlsdarwin1
Call me on my cell numbers:
+92-300-2227598
+92-334-3348409

NVDA 2017.4rc2 has just been released for testing.

Changes from RC1 include:

• The message shown in NVDA’s About dialog is again correctly shown in the user’s configured language.
• It is again possible to connect to Handy Tech Braille Star 40 devices using bluetooth.
• Fixed an issue where overriding handy tech display gestures resulted in warnings about malformed input gesture identifiers.

Full blog post: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda2017-4rc2released/

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi can you please supply A down load link to down load this new version.

Hi all,

NVDA 2017.4rc2 has just been released for testing.

Changes from RC1 include:

• The message shown in NVDA’s About dialog is again correctly shown in the user’s configured language.
• It is again possible to connect to Handy Tech Braille Star 40 devices using bluetooth.
• Fixed an issue where overriding handy tech display gestures resulted in warnings about malformed input gesture identifiers.

Full blog post: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda2017-4rc2released/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--

Casey

Quentin Christensen

Hi Casey,

There was a link to follow in the message, but in any case, it would take you to: https://www.nvaccess.org/download/?nvdaVersion=2017.4rc2

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 1:32 PM, Casey <cwollner@...> wrote:

[...]

Robert Mendoza

Not sure why you are having trouble accessing the posted link mentioned below for the RC2. Anyhow, here is the direct link to download.

On 11/23/2017 10:32 AM, Casey wrote:

Hi can you please supply A down load link to down load this new version.

Hi all,

NVDA 2017.4rc2 has just been released for testing.

Changes from RC1 include:

• The message shown in NVDA’s About dialog is again correctly shown in the user’s configured language.
• It is again possible to connect to Handy Tech Braille Star 40 devices using bluetooth.
• Fixed an issue where overriding handy tech display gestures resulted in warnings about malformed input gesture identifiers.

Full blog post: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda2017-4rc2released/

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

--

Casey

Brian's Mail list account

That page has the normal link that goes via the subscribe or not message I think. If you have the rc1 normally I'd expect rc2 to be offered automatically certainly the rc snap version from the snapshot page did an auto update last night for me.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Twitter: @NVAccess
--

Casey

Quentin Christensen

As with the regular stable version, it only checks once every day.  It won't necessarily have checked before you see the message on the group.  If you wait, it should update automatically (do let me know if you are on rc1 and wait and it doesn't after running it a couple of times over a couple of days).  Otherwise, you can download via the link in the previous message.  It's the same page as usual, inviting a donation, but do select "skip donation this time" to not make a donation (I know many users make automatic or regular donations and we really appreciate that and I don't like to bother people too much!)

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 6:42 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
That page has the normal link that goes via the subscribe or not message I think. If you have the rc1 normally I'd expect rc2 to be offered automatically certainly the rc snap version from the snapshot page did an auto update last night for me.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey" <cwollner@...>
[...]

Brice Mijares

Before shutting my system down last night I manually installed the latest version of NVDA. This morning I booted my system and heard the E-speak welcome message at the login screen and nothing after that. I have NVDA set to start after boot up but it didn't work. I went into settings and it wasn't checked to start after boot up. Is this normal for your settings to change? Thanks.

Arlene

Hi, I've seen this in an older version of NVDA. I just went to the settings and reset it to my liking.

Before shutting my system down last night I manually installed the latest version of NVDA. This morning I booted my system and heard the E-speak welcome message at the login screen and nothing after that. I have NVDA set to start after boot up but it didn't work. I went into settings and it wasn't checked to start after boot up. Is this normal for your settings to change? Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

Not at all, it worked for me though.
Maybe it needs reporting.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Before shutting my system down last night I manually installed the latest version of NVDA. This morning I booted my system and heard the E-speak welcome message at the login screen and nothing after that. I have NVDA set to start after boot up but it didn't work. I went into settings and it wasn't checked to start after boot up. Is this normal for your settings to change? Thanks.

Brian's Mail list account

I wonder if its a side effect of this new problem on windows 10 fall creators update where it cannot change things on the desktop if it has certain rights set?
It seems odd though as if you had it set up already, then why should it be changed?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Before shutting my system down last night I manually installed the latest version of NVDA. This morning I booted my system and heard the E-speak welcome message at the login screen and nothing after that. I have NVDA set to start after boot up but it didn't work. I went into settings and it wasn't checked to start after boot up. Is this normal for your settings to change? Thanks.

Brice Mijares

Thanks for the info. I'll remember this for the future.

Hi, I've seen this in an older version of NVDA. I just went to the settings and reset it to my liking.
Before shutting my system down last night I manually installed the latest version of NVDA. This morning I booted my system and heard the E-speak welcome message at the login screen and nothing after that. I have NVDA set to start after boot up but it didn't work. I went into settings and it wasn't checked to start after boot up. Is this normal for your settings to change? Thanks.

Brice Mijares

That would be beyond my knowledge of Windows 10. Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brice Mijares" <bricemijares@...>