installing the new beta of NVDA

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi I am currently the new beta of NVDA and right now it is just sitting hear telling me please wait please wait.

It does say updating my copy of NVDA so how to I get it to install and not just sit hear and tell me please wait again and again?

Or does this installation take a while?

Or should I cancel it and start it over again?

--

Casey

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do an alt tab and look for any errors hidden beneath then cancel it and see if it runs. This issue should not occur, but what are you overwriting as the old version?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 2:51 PM
Subject: [nvda] installing the new beta of NVDA

Hi I am currently the new beta of NVDA and right now it is just sitting hear telling me please wait please wait.

It does say updating my copy of NVDA so how to I get it to install and not just sit hear and tell me please wait again and again?

--

Casey

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi I am going either 2017.3 or beta one of that release.

On 11/24/2017 9:26 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Do an alt tab and look for any errors hidden beneath then cancel it and see if it runs. This issue should not occur, but what are you overwriting as the old version?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey" <cwollner@wi.rr.com>

--

Casey

--

Casey

Well the only known issues I've seen on my machine was that one may need to rename or move a dictionary file for espeak. Otherwise it should work given that your machine is at least running windows7sp1 or later.

it may take a little longer to install, but that is all.

as I say mine did not restart due to an error in writing the log, but an esc and then a manual run seemed Ok and it started every time on start up after that.

Its quite a radical update this time given the removal of a lot of bloat from catering for xp etc.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Friday, November 24, 2017 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] installing the new beta of NVDA

Hi I am going either 2017.3 or beta one of that release.

On 11/24/2017 9:26 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Casey" <cwollner@wi.rr.com>

--

Casey

--

Casey

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Maybe the uac screen has come up it should say that it has if in focus.

If it or when it comes up use the alt keythe letter y.

NVDA usually installs pretty quick.

Gene nz

On 11/25/2017 3:51 AM, Casey wrote:

--
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net Regardless of where you are in New Zealand if you are near one of the APNK sites you can use a copy of the NVDA screen reader on one of their computers. To find out which locations (or location) is near to you please visit http://www.aotearoapeoplesnetwork.org/content/partner-libraries (Aotearoa People's Network Kaharoa). To find an NVDA certified expert near you, please visit the following link https://certification.nvaccess.org/. The certification page contains the official list of NVDA certified individuals from around the world, who have sat and successfully passed the NVDA expert exam.

do an alt tab and you may have a hidden uac window.

They don't usually hide but if you have a lot open, I try not to do this when I update it will do what it does.

On 25/11/2017 3:51 a.m., Casey wrote:

Lino Morales

I got the same as I mentioned earlier. DO a shutdown and restart then check for updates. That should install it properly again.

On 11/24/2017 9:51 AM, Casey wrote:

I think this is the first version where many have encountered this though so don't be too prescriptive as if its obvious, as its not.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 5:55 PM

I got the same as I mentioned earlier. DO a shutdown and restart then check for updates. That should install it properly again.

On some machines not updated for a while they do also tend to 'lose' the voice dictionary for UK English in Espeak. One has to move it and rename it manually then do an nvda restart.This is I think due to a change of dictionary name in the latest Espeak. Nvda moves it into a sub folder and tends to create a new one if you add to it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

From: "Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io" <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 8:45 PM

I think this is the first version where many have encountered this though so don't be too prescriptive as if its obvious, as its not.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2017 5:55 PM