Topics

Where I can find the latest version of Winamp?

Jarek.Krcmar

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Gene

From reports I've seen of those using the Beta, it is stable and many people are using it.  Since you've already downloaded it, I think you'll be satisfied with it.  We'll see what others say.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM
Subject: [nvda] Where I can find the latest version of Winamp?

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi Gene, thank you.

I have downloaded and installed Winamp 5.8 and I have downloaded also an Extended Winamp for Nvda. But it seems that the addon Extended Winamp does not work.

What can I do, for it could work?

Jarek
Dne 03.12.2019 v 16:25 Gene napsal(a):

From reports I've seen of those using the Beta, it is stable and many people are using it.  Since you've already downloaded it, I think you'll be satisfied with it.  We'll see what others say.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Gene

I don't know.  Others may say if the add-on works in that version of Winamp.  Also, it may be that the add-on isn't compatible with the version of NVDA you are using.  I haven't heard the add=-on discussed to any extent.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Gene

At the bottom of the page for this add-on it says, Last edited Sat Jun 3 03:33:13 2017
If that means what it appears to mean, it means the add-on hasn't been revised and may not work with the new version of NVDA.  Others will, I hope, comment.

There is nothing in the description to say what it is compatible with.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Gene

I just checked and the add-on is in the stable add-ons section of the site.  Since it isn't in the legacy add-ons section, that may mean that it is compatible with the current NVDA.  others may comment who know a lot more about that.  You may want to try the earlier Winamp to see if the add-on works but you may want to wait for other comments.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

The only issues I have had with winamp is after or during seeking through sid and nsf and other chip files that probably don't support it as such winamp will crash.

If playing files with non standard headers in standard wav output mode winamp will crash to.

If you need to play a large number of files like that using direct sound or wasapi will fix that though playing a large number of files will eventually crash the program.

To be honest, if you have a series of plugins and such and are happy with 5.666 there is probably no real reason to bother upgrading to 5.8.

The only reason 5.8 is out is it was leaked by others and radiognome decided to just put it out there instead.

Winamp 6 is taking ages and the winamp community project or wacup has winamp 5.666 as their own animal now which will compete with winamp.

However they only use the last official aol released version of 5.666 as base.

If you don't have a configuration like a lot of those that had winamp before its shutdown a few years ago, you may want to use wacup which has everything in it.

I'd kill the zip plugin though as that will open all zip files to play things and while I see why you would do it, just like in vlc, by default windows will open zip files in winamp which is no good for normal use.

Saying that even though I havn't and probably won't I would encourage those that want it to use fubar or something.

Pritty much all development on winamp has stopped including plugins mainly because everyone is waiting for winamp 6.

If you have a stable plugin configuration and backups of it and it just worked I wouldn't do that either.

If winamp has something it doesn't like it will crash.

I had to throw out several older plugins because they were crashing winamp.

I have to have a couple module plugins installed to because not everything plays with newer open mpt so I need to use bassmod to for example.

I havn't gone the wacup root but if anything else breaks I may have to do so.

The best winamp versions mind you are 5.3 or even 2.95 which used older systems anyway but if you stream stuff it will not be the best for you.

On 4/12/2019 4:25 am, Gene wrote:
From reports I've seen of those using the Beta, it is stable and many people are using it.  Since you've already downloaded it, I think you'll be satisfied with it.  We'll see what others say.

Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2019 8:07 AM

Hello group,

I have downloaded the Extended Winamp Nvda addon, and I would like
download a new version of Winamp.

Could you advice, please, where I can find it?

I found beta of Winamp 5.8, but I would like to download a stabile version.

Rigards:

--
Jarek

Jarek.Krcmar

Hi gene,

I have version of Nvda 2019.2.1 and it's the latest version.

Jarek