Topics

Track Changes, The NVDA Manual?

David Russell

Hi NVDA,

I hope someone can simplify this enough to help me feel more competent.

I have a word document that contains comments or track changes.

If I open the attachment, have protected mode turned off, will the
following steps allow me to read the document and added comments
together?
1. Control-home to get to top of document.
2. The insert key plus spacebar to get browse mode?
3. Then, press the insert key and f7 at the same time to reveal the
comments and the document?

Here is the manual explanation:
All comments for the document, along with other tracked changes, can
also be listed in the NVDA Elements List when selecting Annotations as
the type.

Thanks for the help in advance!

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

Hi,
The fastest way to move through annotations like comments and track changes is by pressing letter A (for annotations) and Shift+A to move backward (in browse mode).
Cheers,
Joseph

I hope someone can simplify this enough to help me feel more competent.

I have a word document that contains comments or track changes.

If I open the attachment, have protected mode turned off, will the following steps allow me to read the document and added comments together?
1. Control-home to get to top of document.
2. The insert key plus spacebar to get browse mode?
3. Then, press the insert key and f7 at the same time to reveal the comments and the document?

Here is the manual explanation:
All comments for the document, along with other tracked changes, can also be listed in the NVDA Elements List when selecting Annotations as the type.

Thanks for the help in advance!

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...

As Joseph said, switch to Browse mode, then hit A to cycle through all annotations. The elements list is best for reading comments. I have yet to find a good keyboard shortcut to delete comments though. Microsoft's track changes article helps a lot but I feel as if I am doing too much navigating and not enough action is being taken.

It would help if you added some stuff in the quick access bar, at the very top, or bottom, of the ribbon.