Topics

Donating via FB campaign

Edited

Each month, on my author page via Facebook, I run a campaign to donate to a non-profit. My most successful was the one where I was giving to, we need diverse books. At the start of 2020, I'd like to run a campaign for NV Access. But, when I look for a non-profit to donate to, NV Access isn't there at all. Are their any plans to add yourselves to the Facebook donation pool in the future?

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your support!  Unfortunately at this time, donating directly through Facebook is only available for charities registered in a handful of countries.  NV Access is registered in Australia and reading https://www.facebook.com/help/1251484118194936 confirms Australia is not yet on the list.  I don't know what facebook's rollout plans for this feature are so I can't give you a possible timeline of when it might be available.  In the meantime, your best option for donating is via https://www.nvaccess.org/support-us/#donation-support - we use PayPal because they're well known and have low fees compared to most methods. You don't need a PayPal account to donate however, you can use the system with a credit card without logging in to a PayPal account.  There are also bank transfer details on the page, but please check the international transfer fees with your bank first as they tend to eat up quite a large proportion of most transfers.  (I appreciate those current donation options likely won't fit with being able to donate directly through Facebook - we'll certainly look at it again when it becomes available to Australian charities).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:43 AM Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Clerified that I was talking about Facebook donations, not regular donations.]

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager