Windows One Core voices

Andy B.

Hi,

I am experimenting around with NVDA and the Windows One Core voices. Since I deal with a lot of unconventional material such as programming and other awkward text such as 225xp, I find the the One Core voices can't handle reading the following phrase the way I want.

sample text 212xp
One Core currently reads it as "2 1 2 xp". I want it to read it as "212 xp". Is there some way to change this setting?

Tyler Spivey

Assuming you want numbers followed by letters to always read that way, try this dictionary entry:
Match: (\d+)(\w)
Replace: \1 \2
Type: regexp

On Wed, Dec 04, 2019 at 08:14:01AM -0500, Andy B. wrote:
Hi,

I am experimenting around with NVDA and the Windows One Core voices. Since
I deal with a lot of unconventional material such as programming and other
awkward text such as 225xp, I find the the One Core voices can't handle
reading the following phrase the way I want.

sample text 212xp
One Core currently reads it as "2 1 2 xp". I want it to read it as "212
xp". Is there some way to change this setting?

Jacob Kruger

Andy, using what I think is british english James one core voice, it did in fact just now read it out as two hundred and twenty one X P to me, after I removed my read numbers as digits dictionary entry from my default speech dictionary?

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker

Hi,