From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brice Mijares
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2017 9:10 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] what NVDA echos

The next line ,
1/2 cup flour
is echoed by NVDA as 1 slash 2 Cuban pesos flour. Does anyone else using NVDA hear it that way? I am baffled.

Brice Mijares

I think access 32 with one core voice David, I think. Thank you.

On 11/26/2017 9:30 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
What synthesizer are you using?
Cheers,
Joseph
is echoed by NVDA as 1 slash 2 Cuban pesos flour. Does anyone else using NVDA hear it that way? I am baffled.

Hi,
I'm thinking Espeak NG won't have this problem for now. Most of the things you hear (well, for cases like the one outlined below) is controlled by speech synthesizers.
Cheers,
Joseph

is echoed by NVDA as 1 slash 2 Cuban pesos flour. Does anyone else using NVDA hear it that way? I am baffled.

Hi,
Depends on the route you took to obtain that synthesizer (if it's the one I'm thinking of).
Cheers,
Joseph