OCR with NVDA

Hello all,

Although I have read the relevant section in the User Guide, I still
cannot seem to be able to read text that appear as image.
I arrow to the immage then focus on it with NVDA+backspace. Then I
press NVDA+R. After it says "done" I use the arrow keys to read, but
nothing happens. No text is read.
Is there something I am not doing right?
I'd appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

If you aren't using Windows Ten, this feature will not work. In fact, with Windows Ten, for the first time ever, I was able to download a fully graphical PDF (image scan only) document with no embedded hooks at all and get about 80% of the information from the document to show up with the keystroke insert+ R.

As yet, this feature is not perfect, but its a darn site better than nothing.  Perhaps improvements will result in future releases.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

hi

Is that the one that is windows 10? or the earlier version where you have a add on?

If it is the earlier version you need to use the review text commands to read the content.

If it is the one in windows 10 it is thearrow keys.

Gene nz

On 11/28/2017 3:21 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:
Hello all,

Although I have read the relevant section in the User Guide, I still
cannot seem to be able to read text that appear as image.
I arrow to the immage then focus on it with NVDA+backspace. Then I
press NVDA+R. After it says "done" I use the arrow keys to read, but
nothing happens. No text is read.
Is there something I am not doing right?
I'd appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

Brian's Mail list account

Well assuming if its not windows 10 you have the ocr add on, sometimes, indeed many times the ocr used in the add on seems not to find text very well. I guess being a public domain program its not as sophisticated as a bought one or the cloud based one Microsoft use.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Although I have read the relevant section in the User Guide, I still
cannot seem to be able to read text that appear as image.
I arrow to the immage then focus on it with NVDA+backspace. Then I
press NVDA+R. After it says "done" I use the arrow keys to read, but
nothing happens. No text is read.
Is there something I am not doing right?
I'd appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

It's Windows 10. What are thearrow keys, Gene?

On 11/27/17, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
hi

Is that the one that is windows 10? or the earlier version where you have a
add on?

If it is the earlier version you need to use the review text commands to
read the content.

If it is the one in windows 10 it is thearrow keys.

Gene nz

On 11/28/2017 3:21 AM, Nevzat Adil wrote:

Hello all,

Although I have read the relevant section in the User Guide, I still
cannot seem to be able to read text that appear as image.
I arrow to the immage then focus on it with NVDA+backspace. Then I
press NVDA+R. After it says "done" I use the arrow keys to read, but
nothing happens. No text is read.
Is there something I am not doing right?
I'd appreciate your comments.
Nevzat

--
[Image NVDA certified expert]
Check out my website for NVDA tutorials and other blindness related material

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

The arrow keys on the keyboard i must of missed a letter.

They are not the ones on the numeric keypad.

Gene nz